Live Island - Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale via Panama 17 nights

vickie_bernie

Will be boarding the Island Princess tomorrow for our trip to the Panama Canal. We did this trip last year and loved it and can't wait to do it again.

The Island is in port of Vancouver today but it doesn't leave until tomorrow must be getting some last minute touch ups for it's drydock.

The ports we are visiting are: San Francisco, Cab San Lucas, Puntarenas, Panama City, Cartagena and Aruba. 17 glorious days. I will be updating here every day but also updating my blog (link below)

Vickie

When you get onboard can you comment about the a/c on the ship in the state rooms? Just wondering if the rooms stay cool or get quite warm as it does on the carribean princess. We are on the trip in dec.

Have a great cruise! We will be following your updates for sure.We cruise next year out of Vancouver...... in only 353 days... not that I am counting.;) I will be checking out the Miraflores web cam when you are going through the canal.

We would be interested in finding out what they did to the Island Princess when they were in dry dock in Victoria.We did the Panama cruise on the Coral 3 years ago and loved and it and have come back to redo it again for our 40th Anniversary.

Keep Sailing,

Erin

Hi Vickie

Sadly we will be only be able to read your live reports until Thursday when we leave for an almost identical itinerary on the Sea Princess from San Francisco starting on Saturday:)

Have a great time, but try not to use up all the good weather.......

Chris & Julie

I am so glad you are doing a " live from" on the Island. We are thinking of doing the reverse in April. We have been on the Island twice and really like the ship for its' size. I will be awaiting your thoughts on this itinerary. Thanks!!! Sue

Vickie you will have to say hi to PSD Emilio Mazzi. Great guy wgo's been at sea over 40 years. :)

we most certainly will - we sailed with Emilio last year too, nice man.

Just got back from the mall, and picked up some last minute items. If I don't have it I don't need it!

Hoping that we can enjoy sail away tomorrow, 40% chance of showers.

we most certainly will - we sailed with Emilio last year too, nice man.

Just got back from the mall, and picked up some last minute items. If I don't have it I don't need it!

Hoping that we can enjoy sail away tomorrow, 40% chance of showers.

Have you heard form Claudio recently?

We are doing this cruise on the Island starting on December 5th from LA. Really looking forward to it. Will be reading your blog. Did you say you don't stop in Acapulco? Ours does. All our other ports are the same as yours. We don't have Huatulco either.

Bon Voyage and have a great cruise.

We are doing this cruise on the Island starting on December 5th from LA. Really looking forward to it. Will be reading your blog. Did you say you don't stop in Acapulco? Ours does. All our other ports are the same as yours. We don't have Huatulco either.

Bon Voyage and have a great cruise.

Last year we stopped in Acapulco, this year we are not but have a stop in Cabo. Also last year we stopped in Huatulco, one of our favorite places as we have friends there, unfortunately we will be sailing past this year.

Bon Voyage… Vickie & Bernie, We will be following your adventure thru the canal, loved our trip this past January aboard the Coral would do it again in a heartbeat. Vera

Thanks Vera, still isn't the same without you both, give our love to Ken and wish him a belated happy birthday from your Canadian "kids"

Enjoy, Vickie and Bernie! I can't wait to read your posts! Do you ever pack your cruise clothes away?;)?

Signed, The Pot :D:D:D

Well it may appear that we sail alot to some, but it has been four months and we were going thru withdrawals. This time packing was easier as all our summer clothes we are still using, unlike our Jan trip. Paul and Yvonne from Edmonton along with Brian/Christine have just informed me that they will also be doing the b2b in Jan with all of us.

Okay I think we have it all now... just need to throw stuff in a suitcase. Feel a little under the weather, think I may be spreading myself a little too thin, I believe a vacation is in order! Hopefully as soon as I set foot on the ship I will feel 100%, if not I have quite a few sea days to rest up.

Vickie,

Hope to see you onboard tomorrow. Are you coming to the get-together? I will be getting off in SF, and will look forward to reading your posts when I get off. I will feel like I am cruising along with you.

Brenda

Vickie,

Hope to see you onboard tomorrow. Are you coming to the get-together? I will be getting off in SF, and will look forward to reading your posts when I get off. I will feel like I am cruising along with you.

Brenda

don't think I will make it to your meet and greet - but if you see me around the ship stop me and say hi

Archived