Barcelona Airport transportation

professor

I will be arriving in Barcelona on a cruise ship, and will need to get to the airport as quickly as possible after disembarking. I assume that Barcelona has only one cruise ship terminal, and would appreciate an estimate of the driving time (via taxi) from the cruise terminal to the airport on a weekend.

(If you have a rough idea of the taxi fare, that's also useful.)

Thanks!

I will be arriving in Barcelona on a cruise ship, and will need to get to the airport as quickly as possible after disembarking. I assume that Barcelona has only one cruise ship terminal, and would appreciate an estimate of the driving time (via taxi) from the cruise terminal to the airport on a weekend.

(If you have a rough idea of the taxi fare, that's also useful.)

Thanks!

Barcelona has more than one terminal. But it's in a five minute range by car. So any time difference will be 25 minutes + 5 minutes.

Weekend:

Saturday full capacity of taxis.

Sunday 50% capacity of taxis (only odd or even registration number)

35-40 EUR depends to the time of travel, date of travel (Saturday or Sunday) and how many bags you are and if you are going to Terminal 1 or 2 at the airport (Terminal 2 is closer and a little cheaper).

Depending to the time (leaving the ship and number of ships in town) you better pre-book a car.

Regards

HeinBloed

The Taxis were lined up outside the Terminals; we didn't have any problem at all. I recommend you to be one of the first people to leave the ship, so you will be one of the first to take a Taxi. We took a Taxi to a Hotel, it was not expensive at all, but I don’t remember how much was.

I only want to warn you about the airport long, LONG lines to check in. We were last August, terminal 2 and our flight was early, very early in the morning and we were 3 hour ahead of time, it literally took us almost the three hour to check in. It was a nightmare. Please, be aware and try to arrive with enough time. Maybe was only a bad day or a combination of different airlines trying to use the only two working electronic Kiosks (it was mandatory to do the electronic check in)

I just only posting this, because it took me by surprise, I did not expect that kind of disaster in such a major tourist city.

The Taxis were lined up outside the Terminals; we didn't have any problem at all. I recommend you to be one of the first people to leave the ship, so you will be one of the first to take a Taxi. We took a Taxi to a Hotel, it was not expensive at all, but I don’t remember how much was.

I only want to warn you about the airport long, LONG lines to check in. We were last August, terminal 2 and our flight was early, very early in the morning and we were 3 hour ahead of time, it literally took us almost the three hour to check in. It was a nightmare. Please, be aware and try to arrive with enough time. Maybe was only a bad day or a combination of different airlines trying to use the only two working electronic Kiosks (it was mandatory to do the electronic check in)

I just only posting this, because it took me by surprise, I did not expect that kind of disaster in such a major tourist city.

What airline were you using and going to and did this make any difference ?

Archived