Price drops for UK Cruisers ?

Elizanessie

many years I booked on Board then transferred bookings to TA then RCCL, but since June 10, I have met and talked to 4 different Loyalty Ambassadors on different ships re future bookings, sadly they all say the same,

They also say they have they have made representation for UK travelers to have a better booking arrangement as there UK bookings have dramatically dropped.

I also like yourself talked to RCCL agents, some say one thing others not sure, but none would guarantee it.

:D Perhaps an email to C&A would get the correct answer for sure.

crownanchor.uk@rccl.com

...it appears that for certain sailings when price drops then it only applies to new bookings...

You are so right Liz - so much for the current catchphrase "what you see is what you get" :rolleyes:

In my recent discussions with them they repeatedly alleged the fare code applied to my booking has not changed and that the price currently showing online for this sailing is for new bookings only. When I asked them how I could track any movement on my fare code the answer given was "call us and we'll check it for you" - Aye right!

More worryingly, they even suggested to me that some fare codes do not qualify for the normal price drop policy :eek: - I really don't know how they could make this one stick if they do not highlight this on the web site or in the online reservation process.

"Caveat emptor" (Let thet buyer beware)

You are so right Liz - so much for the current catchphrase "what you see is what you get" :rolleyes:

In my recent discussions with them they repeatedly alleged the fare code applied to my booking has not changed and that the price currently showing online for this sailing is for new bookings only. When I asked them how I could track any movement on my fare code the answer given was "call us and we'll check it for you" - Aye right!

More worryingly, they even suggested to me that some fare codes do not qualify for the normal price drop policy :eek: - I really don't know how they could make this one stick if they do not highlight this on the web site or in the online reservation process.

"Caveat emptor" (Let thet buyer beware)

Oh dear I am sorry to hear this hasn't worked out for you.

I don't suggest this very often but you could email Adam Goldstein, expressing how you feel that you as a UK Cruiser are being treated unfairly(penalised?) for booking in the UK.

If this happened in the US then you could cancel and rebook at new lower price. You could ask if he could have someone in his office look into the matter as you realise how busy he himself is.

You could express how you don't understand what/why there is a fare code attached to your booking..especially as you booked more than a year out.

If it was a sailing in a few weeks then maybe it could be more easy to understand but not when the sailing is so far off.

Also explain how when contacting the UK office you did not get a explanation as to this fare code hence why you are contacting his office.

By the way, take a screen shot of the price being offered now for your category of cabin as your proof to the price currently being offered against what your price is.

agoldstein @ rccl . com.....take out the spaces etc from this address.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread.

I booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean almost a year in advance, for October 2011. This was for an interior cabin, that wasn't the cheapest, but I've since noticed is catgory Q, which I believe is the lowest. :confused:

Since I paid £597pp, and an interior promenade cabin is now £649, I'm tempted to wait a bit and see if the price drops further, then see if I can change to a promenade room for the difference.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that a Balcony had just dropped quite a bit on my upcoming cruise on Navigator in next Tuesday's sale. Has anyone had any success with an upgrade - obviously paying any price difference - after final payment?

Who should I call? My UK TA or better to call RCCL?

On the RCI website today they are offering a lot of New deals so i checked out our Mariner cruise for May, in the Promo deals they are offering a Balcony cabin from £799 cruise only! but if you pick the same cruise via the navigation system on the Home page the price comes up as £699 cruise only ...:eek:

Some Deal Eh!!!! .... :rolleyes:

..."it appears that for certain sailings when price drops then it only applies to new bookings"... yep had that this week and fighting RCI via my TA for the price drop on our cabin for May.

Just noticed that a Balcony had just dropped quite a bit on my upcoming cruise on Navigator in next Tuesday's sale. Has anyone had any success with an upgrade - obviously paying any price difference - after final payment?

Who should I call? My UK TA or better to call RCCL?

Tuesday sales are for new bookings only and they are adamant that you can't even pay to upgrade. It seems mad that they are willing to turn away money, but that's what they do. It happened to us once, but we had the last laugh as the concierge managed to get us a free upgrade to a balcony cabin only 3 days into a two week cruise (back in the days when lowly diamonds had access to the CL) We were all packed up and installed in the new cabin within 30 minutes:D

We have a booking on Celebrity Equinox in July. The prices dropped substantially for a lot of summer sailings last week and for the first time ever we have been denied a price drop. The booking was made direct with X online and they are saying the website prices now showing are for "new bookings only" ...they wouldn't let me upgrade either.:mad:

I've always booked early in the knowledge we could get the price adjusted. Now they're playing the "new bookings" game....I'm going to be doing the same.

This is an interesting thread, we have been on 10 cruises and never had a price drop through a UK TA. Once we booked a guaranteed balcony from New York on Carnival Legend with a US TA, we got price drops and upgrades as they became available. We have booked with a UK TA for Emerald Princess in April 2012, the US TA we used could not offer a deal as Princess Cruises US will only accept bookings from US and Canadian citizens or people with a US residential address. The prices on the US website are far better than the UK and when I wrote to Princess, I just got a stock reply that ignored my question on pricing differences. We have only booked a cabin,(no flights no transfers etc) and it is still more than a similar US TA cost.....methinks it's time to contact my MEP and ask him to look into the treatment of EU citizens against US/Canadians by the cruise industry.

This is an interesting thread, we have been on 10 cruises and never had a price drop through a UK TA. Once we booked a guaranteed balcony from New York on Carnival Legend with a US TA, we got price drops and upgrades as they became available. We have booked with a UK TA for Emerald Princess in April 2012, the US TA we used could not offer a deal as Princess Cruises US will only accept bookings from US and Canadian citizens or people with a US residential address. The prices on the US website are far better than the UK and when I wrote to Princess, I just got a stock reply that ignored my question on pricing differences. We have only booked a cabin,(no flights no transfers etc) and it is still more than a similar US TA cost.....methinks it's time to contact my MEP and ask him to look into the treatment of EU citizens against US/Canadians by the cruise industry.

We stopped sailing Princess in 2001 when we found the price differences and the fact Princess UK have blocked UK residents from booking through the US. When I wrote to complain to Princess UK about this and the different booking conditions, their reply was "US residents respond to fluid pricing" My immediate, and continuing reaction, was "so would UK residents given the chance"!!

Hi. Just to let everyone know, I managed to get a price drop for our Mariner cruise (one of the May dates they are literally giving away). Our balcony cabin dropped over £250 per person, even though it was booked at a reasonable price for a 12 night cruise back in January. We called the UK TA and they called RCI who said we could have the money back. We have already paid in full however the drop was so large that we could have cancelled, lost our deposit, rebooked and still saved money. :cool:

There are a few UK TA's that honour RCCL's price drop policy. It's the first question I ask them when I'm calling for prices. The one I use also honours RCCL's next cruise certificate inc any OBC

Still gonna give them a call on Mon to see if I can at least upgrade using the prices on their Tuesday sale - they can only say no!

BeeBerry ... we were told by RCI we could not have the last price drop of £118pp on our X Guarantee for May also, because the prices now are for New Bookings only! we were also told by our TA that they could not compare like for like on the current price reductions because there are no flights left from Manchester!! just how difficult can it be ? especially when RCI know the price they are charging for the flight already and there will be no change to any transfers! so the only issue is the cabin price!!

Our upcoming cruise which we booked way back in August with free parking and OBC has recently been heavily reduced. Even by losing our £500+ deposit, OBC and free parking, we are still £300 better off by cancelling and re-booking the cruise, which we have done.

Until Cunard start treating their UK customers the same as their US ones, I will never book a cruise so early ever again. I'll just wait for the reduced fares nearer the time. Lesson learned.

Rip-off Britain.

Our upcoming cruise which we booked way back in August with free parking and OBC has recently been heavily reduced. Even by losing our £500+ deposit, OBC and free parking, we are still £300 better off by cancelling and re-booking the cruise, which we have done.

Until Cunard start treating their UK customers the same as their US ones, I will never book a cruise so early ever again. I'll just wait for the reduced fares nearer the time. Lesson learned.

Rip-off Britain.

You are not alone in learning this lesson. I am £400 down on a mediteranean cruise this summer with NCL. Price has dropped £400 but deposit paid (and will lose) is also £400. Missed out on free upgrades and OBC offers made since too. I feel very bitter about it. Next cruise will be booked with a US agent or US cruiseline direct.

Archived