Walmart or Hilo Hattie shuttles at Honolulu pier?

npeters

I'm not aware of a Walmart shuttle at the Honolulu pier. It's behind (about a block or two) the Ala Moana Shopping Center.

The Hilo Hatties free shuttle picks up at various hotels in Waikiki proper, then goes to their main flagship store on Nimitz. After you shop for approx 45min, there will be another shuttle leaving going back to Waikiki. On this RETURN trip, you can request to be dropped off at Ala Moana Shopping Center or Aloha Tower Marketplace (but they only drop-off, NOT pick-up at these locations). I did this in September and although they said they make complimentary drops at the Aloha Tower and Ala Moana on the return trip, I saw that the driver just passed Aloha Tower and was going to pass Ala Moana... so at a stoplight, I had to get up and ask him to stop at Ala Moana. So it's best to ask right away so the driver can plan on stopping, otherwise they just go full speed ahead back to Waikiki proper. So I got off at Ala Moana Shopping Ctr, walk straight through to the back of it and walked to Walmart. (which kind of was a let down.. I heard they had a great souvenir section (it was nothing big) and all the food items I wanted were out of stock. Oh wells! At least I saw it... Then I took a bus back to Waikiki.

Hope this helps!

If you go to HiloHattie.com and click on the shopping shuttle it will give you a map and more info on the shuttle. We actually took the shuttle from Waikiki to the main Hilo Hatties, walked to K-mart, had lunch at Sam Choys and after looking in Hilo Hatties caught the shuttle back to Waikiki. Our driver asked if anyone wanted him to stop at the Aloha Tower or Ala Moana. Cherie

Walmart and Hilo Hattie's shuttles both picked up at the Aloha Tower when we were there last week. In fact, they both picked up at every port. (Hilo, Kona, Kahalui and there were also some shuttles at Nawilliwilli)

Is it possible that they stopped because they were dropping people off? A telephone call to Hilo Hattie would probably clarify whether they always stop at drop off locations or only when there are passengers that want to be dropped off. Cherie

Archived