posh club at night

mikeybee

Has there been any action at night @ Posh ?:D

No. Due to noise complaints, Posh's evening schedule has been altered.

The hours for normal operation are 8am to 6pm. At the end of that time, the bar is closed and all of the chair cushions & pillows are put away for the evening.

If you have access, you can still get there, but it is just quiet space at that point.

Passes for Posh are available for non-suite cruisers at the reception desk. The cost is $15/day or $59/week.

The hours for normal operation are 8am to 6pm. At the end of that time, the bar is closed and all of the chair cushions & pillows are put away for the evening.

If you have access, you can still get there, but it is just quiet space at that point.

Passes for Posh are available for non-suite cruisers at the reception desk. The cost is $15/day or $59/week.

A couple of months ago someone posted that NCL was going to do exactly that--sell passes for non-suite cruisers. NCL got on the board and said they had no plans to do that. I guess whoever posted that was a better source than NCL!!

This is interesting to me. How come no one mentioned week passes to Posh before. If Posh was dead and no one going, why would it close due to noise issues?

This is the one part of the ship that always gets conflicting reports. But how could there be noise if no one is going? One thing that has been consistent is the reporting that it was dead and no one was there.

Also, what is the point of selling passes to a place that is dead and closes early? Wouldnt the part of selling passes encourage passengers to go there and party like a night club and pump some life into it?

If this is true, will someone pay this for just another sun deck?

Ummmm .. pretty sure SeaShark was kidding :rolleyes:

This is interesting to me. How come no one mentioned week passes to Posh before. If Posh was dead and no one going, why would it close due to noise issues?

This is the one part of the ship that always gets conflicting reports. But how could there be noise if no one is going? One thing that has been consistent is the reporting that it was dead and no one was there.

Also, what is the point of selling passes to a place that is dead and closes early? Wouldnt the part of selling passes encourage passengers to go there and party like a night club and pump some life into it?

If this is true, will someone pay this for just another sun deck?

Not sure what you are referring to. Nobody reported that Posh was "dead".

Ummmm .. pretty sure SeaShark was kidding :rolleyes:

No...not kidding.

Also...keep in mind that we are talking about Posh...NOT about Spice H2O

Hmmmm

You have not been around these boards lately because there are have been countless threads about Posh not being busy and people felt bad for the bartenders. I have not read one posting ever that stated Posh was a nightclub or busy. So your posting is very different and unique. You can research the threads here and see what I am talking about. Where did you get the information that NCL is selling passes? No one has reported that and I find that strange.

Not sure what you are referring to. Nobody reported that Posh was "dead".

No...not kidding.

Hmmpfhh.... another 'suite perk' up for sale to the masses.

Feeling like my Spa Suite expense keeps getting 'cheapened'.

Re: No 24 hr access to spa as was avail. when booking,

selling day/week passes to POSH - a 'suite-only perk' when I booked, as well.

Go ahead call me a snob or something - this is my first suite & I was looking forward to getting what I perceived that I was paying so much extra for. Now, at least 2 of the things I thought I was paying extra for are now available to everyone.

Shark -- How long will it take for people to stop doubting you ??

Go ahead call me a snob or something - this is my first suite & I was looking forward to getting what I perceived that I was paying so much extra for. Now, at least 2 of the things I thought I was paying extra for are now available to everyone.

They will be paying, also !!

Pamela, I feel the same way--same thing. I thought Posh would be really cool with outside gambling. I was really looking forward to ending a late night with DH in the spa around midnight or after, when it was very peaceful and empty. On the TA I bought a spa pass and the spa was so crowded it was difficult to impossible to get some of the more "in demand" things like thermal loungers.

FWIW the spa pass does cost $199 for a couple, and seashark has provided the cost of the Posh pass...but I had booked the spa suite in part because of the things that weren't included with the pass, which I now find are non-existent. I'm even more ticked about no off-hours access to the spa!

Pamela, I feel the same way--same thing. I thought Posh would be really cool with outside gambling. I was really looking forward to ending a late night with DH in the spa around midnight or after, when it was very peaceful and empty. On the TA I bought a spa pass and the spa was so crowded it was difficult to impossible to get some of the more "in demand" things like thermal loungers.

FWIW the spa pass does cost $199 for a couple, and seashark has provided the cost of the Posh pass...but I had booked the spa suite in part because of the things that weren't included with the pass, which I now find are non-existent. I'm even more ticked about no off-hours access to the spa!

EXACTLY!! I could have gotten a balcony room w/ weekly spa pass & saved $$$$$ ! Just a bit annoying.

Thanks for understanding.

BUT - I am still going to have a fabulous cruise and wonderful vacation!:D

It was all probably too much to do anyway. LOL

EXACTLY!! I could have gotten a balcony room w/ weekly spa pass & saved $$$$$ ! Just a bit annoying.

Thanks for understanding.

BUT - I am still going to have a fabulous cruise and wonderful vacation!:D

It was all probably too much to do anyway. LOL

I could not agree more with you guys. I spent an extra 1800 dollars to get one of the 8 spa suites because thats what our friends have. Totally dissapointed with Posh being sold as a pass and the hours of the spa.. We will have a great time but I wish the perks for suites guests stayed perks !

I could have saved money too and did a balcony cabin...oh well

maybe we will get little refunds from NCL.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL !!;)

Wel since they are now selling passes to Posh for all I can bring my kids in also since we are staying in the owners suite and have paid for the priviledge to use posh more than those that are not staying in a suite. Why don't we let them in the courtyard and the epic club also since that is not always busy?

NCL seems to be advertising a lot of things that are just not there.... or they change thier mind. I agree with your posting.

Below is a link the shows another example of advertsing one thing and delivering something else.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242983

Wel since they are now selling passes to Posh for all I can bring my kids in also since we are staying in the owners suite and have paid for the priviledge to use posh more than those that are not staying in a suite. Why don't we let them in the courtyard and the epic club also since that is not always busy?

The number of passes be restricted to maintain the "exclusivity" and not offered on embarkation day, guests must be 18yrs or older. The cost is $15 per day or $59 weekly and it will be open from 8 am to 6pm. There will be bar service, the Courtyard snack menu and the butler will be through when time permits. This will be mentioned in the FS Daily.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, Posh is closing early because of noise issues. I would guess that the noise issues concern the Owners Suites directly below Posh. This is an issue that was discussed on these boards before Epic ever sailed. Why were posters here able to anticipate this issue but the people who designed the ship didn't?

If people are buying passes to use Posh, is there then a way to prevent them from using the Courtyard area or is that going to be non-exclusive now also?

:mad:

Hmmmm

You have not been around these boards lately because there are have been countless threads about Posh not being busy and people felt bad for the bartenders. I have not read one posting ever that stated Posh was a nightclub or busy. So your posting is very different and unique. You can research the threads here and see what I am talking about. Where did you get the information that NCL is selling passes? No one has reported that and I find that strange.

Are you just trying to be argumentative, or what?

I don't need to check other threads...we are talking about THIS thread, and all I did was make it clear which of the two top deck clubs we were discussing. No need to get your knickers in a bunch.

I got the information on the passes onboard the Epic. I was there Sept 25th thru Oct 2nd....and I also have one of the passes.

You mention that "no ore has reported that"...well, in case you missed it, I reported it.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, Posh is closing early because of noise issues. I would guess that the noise issues concern the Owners Suites directly below Posh. This is an issue that was discussed on these boards before Epic ever sailed. Why were posters here able to anticipate this issue but the people who designed the ship didn't?

If people are buying passes to use Posh, is there then a way to prevent them from using the Courtyard area or is that going to be non-exclusive now also?

:mad:

Posh has its own key card controlled access from the public hallway. Having a Posh Pass does NOT get you any sort of Courtyard Access.

The number of passes be restricted to maintain the "exclusivity" and not offered on embarkation day, guests must be 18yrs or older. The cost is $15 per day or $59 weekly and it will be open from 8 am to 6pm. There will be bar service, the Courtyard snack menu and the butler will be through when time permits. This will be mentioned in the FS Daily.

That is scary actually--the number of spa passes is supposed to be restricted also. On the TA the spa was so crowded that there were days & times when I couldn't use ANY of the facilities because the pools were full, every single lounger was taken, the aft balcony was full, and the floor was covered with water! Oh wait, I was able to use the sauna and steam showers, but that was all. "restricted" doesn't seem to mean very much--perhaps "restricted" to people who are willing to pay for the privilege is what it means!

As far as the butler "when time permits"...until that the only thing that would take away from suite pax is possible crowding in Posh--but now if that includes adding butler service without any additional staffing, that's more being taken away from suite pax.

I think it is a great idea to open it up on a restricted basis. The place was dead and it gives the bar staff a chance to make a living. As a courtyard passenger I still have the courtyard and the forward facing sundeck if I don't wish to mingle with the "common folk" ;):D:D. (that is a joke for those that don't understand emoticons).

The alternative might have been to close that bar and have the wait staff bring drinks from the Epic Grill bar.

Are you just trying to be argumentative, or what?

I don't need to check other threads...we are talking about THIS thread, and all I did was make it clear which of the two top deck clubs we were discussing. No need to get your knickers in a bunch.

I got the information on the passes onboard the Epic. I was there Sept 25th thru Oct 2nd....and I also have one of the passes.

You mention that "no ore has reported that"...well, in case you missed it, I reported it.

WOW, Chill

Very defensive about this I see. Since you dont want to look up threads, I can tell you this was debated back and forth extensively on countless threads. I have not read any Epic review that stated buying passes to Posh. So you must forgive me for acting so surprised. All threads were Posh was quiet and no one was there so they were flirting with the idea of opening to everyone for a fee. But if it was so slow can you see why this is why they opened it up for everyone? If it was busy and a club like experience, it would have remained private. So it still does not make sense and someone at NCL told me Posh has not closed early for noise reasons. But I can report for myself in 2 months.

Archived