Has Anyone Paid a Fuel Surcharge Recently

fritzi

Hi...

We have a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas coming up in late November and I have not been charged a fuel surcharge. Our trip is paid up. Has anyone been charged a fuel charge in the last 30 days. I know that RCL has the right to do that and I believe the price of oil is up to $85.00 per barrel and they mention $65.00 a barrel in their brochure. Any info? Thanks.

No official fuel surcharges yet.

I noticed a range of increases recently which were very fuel surcharge-like, in that they were the same amount for all cabin grades, and on numerous cruises. But it wasn't across the board either so not sure what the reason was. (Maybe a change in taxes, but it varied by duration and was substantial so didn't seem to be that either.)

Hi...

We have a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas coming up in late November and I have not been charged a fuel surcharge. Our trip is paid up. Has anyone been charged a fuel charge in the last 30 days. I know that RCL has the right to do that and I believe the price of oil is up to $85.00 per barrel and they mention $65.00 a barrel in their brochure. Any info? Thanks.

I went on a cruise on 9/3 in Alaska and there was no fuel surcharge- i dont think they are going to do one now either. They are afraid of chasing away prospective passengers

Cruising next week, no charge yet. I'm sure if RCCL implements the fuel surcharge again, you'll see tons of posts complaining about it. I'd expect the price to be around 90$/barrel before they look at it, just like at the end of 2007. Right now it's at 80$/barrel.

No fuel charge has been reintroduced even though Cunard,I believe has done so. RCI is unlikely to be the first of the mass market lines to do so and they seem to have hedged their fuel costs to protect themselves. When, and if, they should add a fuel surcharge, you can be sure that everyone will know about it quickly thereafter. In the meantime it isn't an issue to spend much time worrying about.:)

Archived