Using laptop on HAL

NDRB

Does anyone have experience with using his/her own laptop (and own wireless card) on the Amsterdam?

I've been told that there is a $3.95 access fee and you can only sign in the Internet Cafe or Grand Arium and can buy time (e.g., 100 minutes for $55), but I was wondering if it takes 30 minutes just to sign on (to AOL)?

When we were on the river in China this summer it DID easily take 30 minutes to sign on, if it was even possible, and one couldn' t get to the AOL website at all.

Nina

Does anyone have experience with using his/her own laptop (and own wireless card) on the Amsterdam?

I've been told that there is a $3.95 access fee and you can only sign in the Internet Cafe or Grand Arium and can buy time (e.g., 100 minutes for $55), but I was wondering if it takes 30 minutes just to sign on (to AOL)?

When we were on the river in China this summer it DID easily take 30 minutes to sign on, if it was even possible, and one couldn' t get to the AOL website at all.

Nina

We were on the Amsterdam with a laptop with wireless access in October and had no problem accessing the internet. My husband had to check work emails daily and we went through 2 100 minute packages. You can save a lot of minutes by composing your mail offline.

I ws curious as to whether one can actually sign onto AOL itself through the ship's wireless set-up or whether one is only able to retrieve and send one's email indirectly through AOL?

Nina

I ws curious as to whether one can actually sign onto AOL itself through the ship's wireless set-up or whether one is only able to retrieve and send one's email indirectly through AOL?

Nina

Yes...You can sigh on to AOL through the ships wireless setup. You sign on to the ships then open up your AOL. Works well...

Archived