Zip Line on the Oasis

Both DH and I went on the zip line. As far as zip lines go it was really short. I would not wait in line for it, it takes longer to get harnessed and given instructions than it does to ride.

You are basically sitting in the harness so it supports your weight, your hands are on handle bars but your not holding yourself up with them.

It was fun and I would recommend you do it once.

DH is afraid of heights and had no problem. Its over so fast you dont get a chance to look down or around.

Had to do it once to conquer my fear of heights. *I did it!* But I agree w/ mation101, I wouldn't wait in a long line to do it again. For part of our wait it was nice, as we could watch folks kicking it up on the flowrider. Now THAT is something I'd get in line for again, and again, and again!!

Don't forget socks and sneakers. I did and wasted 15 minutes on line. Never went back. And yes there are signs that say socks and sneakers are required....

They told us that if you forgot sneakers they would provide some shoes, but you definitely need socks! I brought sneakers and socks!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have seen the Zip Line on Youtube and it looks a lot scarier than on the Oasis webcam.

If I ever cruise on the Oasis I am not sure if I would try it. :eek:

Had to do it once to conquer my fear of heights. *I did it!* But I agree w/ mation101, I wouldn't wait in a long line to do it again. For part of our wait it was nice, as we could watch folks kicking it up on the flowrider. Now THAT is something I'd get in line for again, and again, and again!!

I was too busy on the Flowrider to ever get in line for the zip line :D

I went--its the only zipline I have ever gone on so can't really compare. I think I went on Day 2 when we were in port. NO line at all. Walked right up. I had said all along I was going to do it and my husband said I wouldn't--so I had to! As someone mentioned, it is very quick, took longer to get ready. But it was fun. I'm going on the Oasis again next year and I'll do the zipline again. Yes, flow rider was a blast, too!

So how long is the average wait? Is it open on departure day, I know that can be a good time to get on the flowrider.

Yes, it is open on departure day.

We watched them from the comfort of the Concierge Lounge. It's a good viewing spot.

Of course, that was before the Laundry Lady started displaying her undies.

Always something good to see!

:D

Those of you who have cruised on the Oasis, did you go on the Zip Line and for future Oasis cruisers would you consider it? :)

We both zipped on our January Oasis cruise. It's short but worth doing at least once. I'm not certain we'll do it again when we go on Allure. It does have our interests up in doing longer zip line tours in other vacation destinations. It's one of those things you really should do at least once, if only because you're zip lining on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

2953643080056845759S600x600Q85.jpg

2573597800056845759S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived