Epic cruisers disembark time

jmcdon7230

Like many other questions about Epic, this has been answered many times on this board already. You can get a lot of information (different approaches to disembarking, etc.) by using the search function.

On our trip people were leaving the ship before 8am with their own bags, between 8 and 8:30 with carryons only, and as late as 10:15 (including us)

We were off and thru customs by 730 with plenty of time for our 940 flight.

fsuhockette did you fly out of miami, or ft lauderdale? I have a 10:40 flt out of Ft Lauderdale, I hope we can get off with or bags early. Im getting stressed just thinking about it.

fsuhockette did you fly out of miami, or ft lauderdale? I have a 10:40 flt out of Ft Lauderdale, I hope we can get off with or bags early. Im getting stressed just thinking about it.

My flight was out of Ft Lauderdale and we were off the ship at 7 something, our transportation company had just pulled away with a van load, so another company pulled up and ask us where we were going and told us $25 to Ft Lauderdale. So, we thought hmmm, that was cheaper than the $30 with our tour company and we wouldn't have to wait. So, we jumped in a pulled away only to start circling the port over and over. When we ask what was going on and why were we circling around, they said they were waiting on more passengers before leaving. :eek: So when we pulled up the last time, I started thinking and ask the driver "wait, they said it was $25 for the trip to FLL, was that total or each?" They replied "each person" :eek: WHAT??? That's too much. We noticed when we pulled back around that our actual transportation company was sitting at the curb, so we said...let us out, there's our ride and we are not paying $50 for a trip to FLL when it's only $30 with who we booked with. So we got out and got in our transportation vehicle, waited on another 2 couples to get in (1 other couple was already in the van-which happen to be friends of ours). Then we were off to FLL. Why am I telling you all this? Because we STILL made it to FLL by 9am. Our flight wasn't until 12:45...so we were waiting A LONG time there and wished we hadn't rushed off the ship so early. :D

SAS transportation. They come highly recommended on here by a lot of people and they show up quickly and are in touch with the airport arrival times (in case there was a delay with the plane). They are wonderful, very professional, and they are pretty reasonable.

My flight was out of Ft Lauderdale and we were off the ship at 7 something, our transportation company had just pulled away with a van load, so another company pulled up and ask us where we were going and told us $25 to Ft Lauderdale. So, we thought hmmm, that was cheaper than the $30 with our tour company and we wouldn't have to wait. So, we jumped in a pulled away only to start circling the port over and over. When we ask what was going on and why were we circling around, they said they were waiting on more passengers before leaving. :eek: So when we pulled up the last time, I started thinking and ask the driver "wait, they said it was $25 for the trip to FLL, was that total or each?" They replied "each person" :eek: WHAT??? That's too much. We noticed when we pulled back around that our actual transportation company was sitting at the curb, so we said...let us out, there's our ride and we are not paying $50 for a trip to FLL when it's only $30 with who we booked with. So we got out and got in our transportation vehicle, waited on another 2 couples to get in (1 other couple was already in the van-which happen to be friends of ours). Then we were off to FLL. Why am I telling you all this? Because we STILL made it to FLL by 9am. Our flight wasn't until 12:45...so we were waiting A LONG time there and wished we hadn't rushed off the ship so early. :D

thanks so much, i feel better now, and we are also booked with SAS.

Archived