Comedians!!!!!!!

Littlegoo75

Just curious how ya'll feel about the comedians that you had on your cruise?

We had Anthony Acosta and Jim Brick on the Valor last week. We really like the R-rated shows ( We're not easily offended).

They were both really funny, but Anthony Acosta was really really hilarious, I laughed so much.

There was also a hypnotist/comedian, but we skipped that because we needed to get at least one good night's sleep before a big/early day in port.

What great comedians did you have that you want to mention??

I am curious about what they will offer comedian-wise on the Liberty Europe cruises.....will Carnival really fly American comedians over to Europe? Or will we get English, Irish and Scottish comedians? I like Mr. Bean! They can send him over to the ship. He can do his steak tartare routine in the dining room.

I am open minded about this cruise, but have a feeling that it is going to be way more subdued than the 7 night Caribbean cruises.

Jerome on the Pride was very funny. He did stand-up in the theatre during disembarkation. We were the last color tag called. The show lasted at least 2 1/2 hours. Any comic who can be funny for 2 1/2 hours straight deserves to be mentioned! It sure made the time go by quickly.

We enjoyed Anthony Acosta on the Inspiration recently.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish that several cruises ago we would have started keeping track of which Comedians we have seen, what shows we have seen, and who the Piano Bar singers were....

At this point, when we see them listed in the capers, we are often unsure if we have seen them or not... We have run across a few repeats - and when the material is the same (often the case) we will usually find something else to do --- which is not too hard on THE FUNSHIPS !

Tom

I would love to see some of the "Last Comic Standing" people on the cruises -they were some of the funniest people ever. I have been to several comedy clubs, but it seems that the comics that I have seen on Carnival have been a lot funnier than those that I paid to see. I can't remember the names of the comedians on the Pride, but I do remember that they were funny as well.

For those of you that have been on other cruise lines, how were the comedians on those ships? I wonder if the cruise lines share comedians, or if they are under contract. My boss went on a 10 day Disney cruise over Christmas, and he said that they had dirty comedians, I thought Disney was too politically correct for that, but I guess not - that surprized me.

Archived