Diamond going into drydock in November?

diecastaussie

On another thread, it was mentioned that Diamond Princess was going into dry dock for about a week in Singapore in November.

I have heard that she will get "Movies under the stars" (MUTS), an adults only santuary area and an International cafe.

Does anyone have a confirmed list know what upgrades will be made during that time?

Interested because we will be sailing on her in May 2011.

Thanks in advance.

Garry:D:D

The Diamond will be in dry dock in Singapore starting on the 21st of October and lasting for approximately two weeks. The refresh is scheduled to include MUTS and the Sanctuary, but the International Cafe and Piazza are not being added according to the new brochures. All of the rooms should have the new flat screen televisions added and the carpeting and bedding should be refreshed.

The Diamond will be in dry dock in Singapore starting on the 21st of October and lasting for approximately two weeks. The refresh is scheduled to include MUTS and the Sanctuary, but the International Cafe and Piazza are not being added according to the new brochures. All of the rooms should have the new flat screen televisions added and the carpeting and bedding should be refreshed.

No Crown Grill either.....:confused::(:confused:

Bob

No Crown Grill either.....:confused::(:confused:

Bob

True, and I'm really not all that impressed with Sterling Steakhouse being partitioned off in the back of the Horizon Court Buffet. They do the best they can with it, but it's just not the best environment for an upcharge restaurant...

True, and I'm really not all that impressed with Sterling Steakhouse being partitioned off in the back of the Horizon Court Buffet. They do the best they can with it, but it's just not the best environment for an upcharge restaurant...

There is definitely more ambiance at the CG, but I actually thought the steaks in Sterlings were just as good as in the CG. I was hoping for a CG because of the ambiance.....

Bob

On another thread, it was mentioned that Diamond Princess was going into dry dock for about a week in Singapore in November.

I have heard that she will get "Movies under the stars" (MUTS), an adults only santuary area and an International cafe.

Does anyone have a confirmed list know what upgrades will be made during that time?

Interested because we will be sailing on her in May 2011.

Thanks in advance.

Garry:D:D

There are a few threads already on the Diamond drydock.

Here is one....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1269696&highlight=diamond+drydock

Archived