Painted Desert (Grand)

Babie

I've read lots about Sabatini's but very little about The Painted Desert on the Grand Princess.

I plan on trying Sabatini's this time around, but I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Painted Desert?

I believe it's Southwestern food. Am I right?

If I tried this one, it'd most likely be for lunch, but possibly dinner one night too.

Any advice or opinions?

LES!

I didn't eat there on the Grand, but one thing I'd mention is that it's in a crummy location, people are constantly walking thru the restaurant to get from one end of the ship to the other; for that reason, I'd consider doing lunch rather than dinner. Sort of ruins the atomosphere, I'd think. It did smell delicious, but we didn't take the opportunity to try it.

How come there is a charge for sterling on some ships and not the others.

The Sterling Steakhouse on the Diamond and Sapphire Princess has a limited menu and is done differently (and is free).

The Sterling Steakhouse/Painted Desert/Desert Rose/Tequilas on the Sun, Dawn, Sea, Grand, Golden and Star has a very expanded menu (compared to Diamond and Sapphire), the meat is (supposedly) higher quality and is considered a "premium restaurant" similiar to Sabitinis. There is a fee for this restaurant.

Princess really should have called Sterling a different name on the Diamond and Sapphire.

If a member of your party is vegetarian, are there any options at Painted Desert? Also, do they serve seafood? Tnx,

When we were on the Grand last month, there was a "fish dish" - I'm not sure what type of fish it was as we were there for the steak!

Plus, the shrimp cocktail there is amazing - nothing 'shrimpy' about those JUMBO prawns :D

Archived