How much spending money for a 12day cruise?

snshn3

to give you an idea of the kind of couple we are, we spend $1000 on a 7 night caribbean cruise and $2500 on an off season trip to Paris (including airfare, hotel, meals, entertainment, small souvenirs, etc..)

There are so many variables here that there is no set answer...everyone's spending habits are different...

We did a thirteen night on Celebrity Millennium last August...and outside of our cruise price, pre- and post-cruise hotels and air fare, our budget (for 2) was pretty much as follows:

Shore Excursions: $1900...ten ports, some we did full day tours, others half...Shore excursions and private tours in the Med can be expensive...most sites are not right at the port...

Bar bill: $250...we're not big drinkers...that equates to around $10 per day per person--or two mixed drinks for me and one glass of nice wine for my wife...

Tips (crew): $300

Tips (tour guides, luggage handling, etc.): $150...typically, we'll tip around $10 on a shore excursion to the guide...and, if it's a bus, another $5 to the driver...on a private tour, I may or may not tip more depending on whether he's the owner or an employee and how far out of the way they take you or put up with special requests...

Lunches in Port: $150...sounds cheap only because we took five full day shore excursions which included lunch...Double it if you are on your own...

Souvenirs? The sky's the limit...Want to buy glass in Murano? Start setting aside money now...If you're talking the odd T-Shirt or two, figure your prices as you would here...but, really, this is anyone's guess...

Incidentals: Pocket change, the odd candy bar or soda in port, the stop at an internet cafe (onboard ship is expensive--check E-Mail while in port), admissions to museums or other attractions: $300

So, total, you're closing in on $3,000...And I'd round up and think extra...because there are things I'm forgetting...

Our total for everything beyond the cruise, airfare, etc. came out fairly close to that $3,000 number...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snshn3:

Is $2000 enough for two people. This would include any souvenirs, lunches at ports, excursions (not through RCCL, some on our own, others on private tours).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple of years ago, my wife and I went on a 21 day Asia cruise. I tracked all expenses and determined the percentage of total expenses for each catagory. I then created a spreadsheet that would calculate total cruise cost for future cruise costs based upon "my" spending habits using these percentages. Anyway, if you want to see our expenses based upon percentage of the total trip cost, then click PieChart. This is a PDF file so you'll need Adobe Reader to view it.

Geocities now blocks direct image viewing due to so much Auctio use, so I have placed the PieChart into a web page so that it can be viewed. Go to My Web Page and click on the link for Cruise Info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andee:

FYI Celem: When I clicked as you suggested, yahoo said the page was unavailable for viewing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived