Soda package and kids?

mandafish

On most lines, all "water-based" drinks are included in your fare....water, lemonade, tea....stuff like that. Milk is avail. in all the dining venues and juice is avail. at breakfast.

You can buy a soda without the soda card/package....on most lines, a can of soda runs in the $2 range....about what a hotel soda machine costs.

In the kid's club, there should be water avail. almost all the time.

My kids don't remember any beverages being served in the kids programs they have attended. I think the last thing the youth staff would want is a kid hyped-up on soda! We never bought the soda cards and told the kids they could charge one soft drink a day to their cabin account. Usually they saved it for dinner where they would have a Shirley Temple.

For a soda -a kid will need to leave the program to go get it.

Soda is NOT available for kids in the group activities.

I have seen water available. (if they get juice, I do not know)

Allergies tell me juice is not available

Just another perspective on the soda card, keep in mind my kids are teens.

The 2 main reasons we get the soda card are -

Kids often will get hot, get a soda, take a few sips, set it down and go about their business. In a half hour when hot/thirsty again, a lot of kids will go get another since they don't know where the first is. With the soda card it isn't racking up the cost with half drank sodas.

If the kids are conscious of the $$ it takes to get another soda, or have to go to the Windjammer, etc to get a lemonde, they may go to find that soda they sat down 2 minutes ago, 5 minutes, or whatever. In the world today, and in a public environment like a cruise ship, who knows if they get the right one or if they do what somebody else may have slipped in it. One of our rules, if your drink leaves your hand dump it and go get another.

For the few $$ it takes to get a card it gives me peace of mind. Do I get my monies worth out of it, can't say, but that peace of mind is priceless to me!

The soda card won't be necessary/used during kids club hours. Not all kids have cards, some clubs don't allow drinks/food inside, allergies, etc. We bought our son the card when he was younger but now he is a teen and really doesn't want one anymore. He would rather go by the buffet and get something there. Not to say that he doesn't have the occassional soda, he just gets a can instead of incurring the daily cost of the card. Also, we tend to bring some soda aboard to keep in our room. It is more cost effective and we usually like to have one while relaxing before dinner and don't want to use room service or run out to a bar just for a coke. Depending on where you are going, you may want to pick up some juice boxes or something similar to keep on hand in the cabin and take along when going ashore.

Archived