Kids dropped of to room after kids club closes?

rv4life

LOL, why don't you just go collect them in the morning?

Must be me, but if that is true its truely ridiculous even for teens.

I heard that on the Disney Ships, the kids club closes around 3:00AM. I also heard that the club staff will take kids to their rooms at closing. Does anyone know how this is done? Can they be asleep? Thanks!:)

I have difficulty believing the OP is serious.

In case you were OP, NO the club is not open until 3:00 a.m., they close at midnight, and there is no in cabin babysitting. The staff do not carry your children back to your room. Sorry, but they are your children, and you are going to have to take SOME responsibility for them.

I have difficulty believing the OP is serious.

In case you were OP, NO the club is not open until 3:00 a.m., they close at midnight, and there is no in cabin babysitting. The staff do not carry your children back to your room. Sorry, but they are your children, and you are going to have to take SOME responsibility for them.

Believe me, I am responsible. I just wondered if they really did this.

I can't tell you from experience because my DD is only 4 1/2 years old. However, i have heard from friends that have cruises on CCL that there is one night during the cruise where the parents have the chance to allow their children to stay up until around 2:00 in the morning. I think they have to be at least 9 or 10 years old to do this. The counselors will bring the children back to the room and knock on the cabin door. All of the other days the parents have to pick their kids up at the close of the kids club. I know that some cruise lines allow you to keep your kids in the kids club after hours but there is a charge for that and you still have to pick them up. Maybe someone who has traveled on CCL can tell us if this is true.

One night during the cruise there will be a PJ party for the kids ages 9 and over at a cost of 6.00per child per hour. Yes, it gets over at 3am and the counselors do walk them back to the cabin.

This is done on a night where there is a sea day the next day.

On other nights the camp closes at 10pm and they start charging by the hour at that time.

Kids ages 9 and up can sign themselves in and out of program with a parents permission. They can not leave when they are registered for the PJ party.

I heard that on the Disney Ships, the kids club closes around 3:00AM. I also heard that the club staff will take kids to their rooms at closing. Does anyone know how this is done? Can they be asleep? Thanks!:)

Sorry, I don't know about Disney, but Carnival has a party one night for 9-11 year olds that last until 3:00am and the counselors walk them back to the cabin. If they don't want to stay awake that late, then you can pick them up earlier. From what I've heard the party is a blast and the kids loved the activities.

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival do this. Last year on Valor we had a bit of a fight with our sons as 'everyone else' was going to up until 3am and being dropped off at their cabins by staff. They stayed until midnight and we collected them, as by then it was time for my bed! In the end they were glad we did as they thought it was quite boring.

They just changed the late nights on Camp Carnival, so they may not be offering this anymore.

Now, to the naysayers, let me just provide you with a little scenario that might open your eyes a bit. Let's just say you're a couple with 2 children and no family nearby to watch them for date nights and you just don't have it in your budget to pay $15/hour for a babysitter (the going rate in my city) plus a hotel room (ahem) to have some guaranteed time to be as uninhibited as you were before you had kids. Let's also say you booked one cabin for your family of four. If you want to get a little "friendly" you can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye if your kids are in the room. So, the idea of having your kids walked back to your room at a late hour means nobody has the unlucky task of getting dressed again to pick up the kids.

My kids LOVE Camp Carnival and beg us to stay as late as we'll let them. We just came off the Liberty last week, and honestly, there was at least one night where we were just sitting on the deck outside Camp Carnival waiting for it to be late enough to pick the kids up. Seems our kids have more energy than we do, go figure. LOL

And, before you go saying we're negligent parents for even considering this, we've been on several cruises with our kids, and I feel safer with them on Carnival Cruises than I do on land at home. We don't use babysitters at home, because we save all our excess money (as if that's even possible) for awesome vacations, but we do manage to have time alone anyway. Our annual cruise is something we look forward to so we can have a whole week of "just the two of us" dinners. No choice is "right" or "wrong", just whatever works best for the individual family.

On each of the cruises we've been on with our children on CCL our oldest DD (first cruise she was 9) has stayed for the late night party. At the end of the party the counselors walked each of the kids back to their room. She is a very outgoing social child and loves all the games, food and meeting new friends from all over. We are responsible parents and we know where the children are when they are at the late night parties - they give you a list of activities if you ask.

Wow, 3am in the morning! No way and I would not even allow it for an older teenager.

I agree. 3am is just too late. My 10 year old can go to the party until midnight and she is so tired when I pick her up.

I bet the ones that do stay until 3am are pretty much zombies the next day! :eek:

They just changed the late nights on Camp Carnival, so they may not be offering this anymore.

Now, to the naysayers, let me just provide you with a little scenario that might open your eyes a bit. Let's just say you're a couple with 2 children and no family nearby to watch them for date nights and you just don't have it in your budget to pay $15/hour for a babysitter (the going rate in my city) plus a hotel room (ahem) to have some guaranteed time to be as uninhibited as you were before you had kids. Let's also say you booked one cabin for your family of four. If you want to get a little "friendly" you can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye if your kids are in the room. So, the idea of having your kids walked back to your room at a late hour means nobody has the unlucky task of getting dressed again to pick up the kids.

My kids LOVE Camp Carnival and beg us to stay as late as we'll let them. We just came off the Liberty last week, and honestly, there was at least one night where we were just sitting on the deck outside Camp Carnival waiting for it to be late enough to pick the kids up. Seems our kids have more energy than we do, go figure. LOL

And, before you go saying we're negligent parents for even considering this, we've been on several cruises with our kids, and I feel safer with them on Carnival Cruises than I do on land at home. We don't use babysitters at home, because we save all our excess money (as if that's even possible) for awesome vacations, but we do manage to have time alone anyway. Our annual cruise is something we look forward to so we can have a whole week of "just the two of us" dinners. No choice is "right" or "wrong", just whatever works best for the individual family.

How did they change?

Archived