which cruise to choose?

Need help trying to decide between 2 cruises. Should we go on the Voyager of the Seas out of N.J to the Caribbean or the Caribbean Princess (Princess ship) out of NY? Both cruises have pretty much the same itinerary. We are 3 generations of couples. 1 in their 70s 1 in their 50s and 1 in their 20s.

Need help trying to decide between 2 cruises. Should we go on the Voyager of the Seas out of N.J to the Caribbean or the Caribbean Princess (Princess ship) out of NY? Both cruises have pretty much the same itinerary. We are 3 generations of couples. 1 in their 70s 1 in their 50s and 1 in their 20s.

Do not think Voyager goes out of NJ, it is Explorer.

I loved Caribbean Princess (did not love the dated look of Princess Dream). I was on it the year it was new and loved it. Especially the snacks at night. I assume they have done away with the all you can eat seafood buffet the first night? I thought the food was great on Princess.

I was also wowed by the beauty of Voyager, which is very like Explorer. I will be on Liberty later this month... I think you cant go wrong with either choice. Food goes to Princess, beauty goes to RCL. .. though both were great.

We are huge Royal Caribbean fans, but took our last two cruises on the Caribbean Princess because the price was significantly lower than comparable cruises on Explorer of the Seas. The Caribbean Princess is blander (lacking WOW factor) and has an older crowd than Royal Caribbean's ships, however we thoroughly enjoyed our cruises on her and would recommended it! However, we are ready to come back to Royal Caribbean for our next cruise because there are things we miss about it.

You can click on the links in my signature to both of my reviews of the Caribbean Princess, in which I made many comparisons to Royal Caribbean.

I loved Caribbean Princess (did not love the dated look of Princess Dream).

The Princess Dream is an NCL cruiseline ship, not a Princess cruise line ship, just to clarify. I recently had someone ask me how I like Princess ships since they were going on the Princess Dream. I had to explain to them that the Princess Dream is NOT a Princess ship but an NCL ship.

Archived