muster

Supplyman

We are sailing on the Celebrity Millennium in February from San Juan. The ship is scheduled to depart at 8:30 PM. The question has arisen as to when will the muster be? First sitting is at 6:00P and second seating is 8:30P. So I am guessing that muster will be between 4-5 PM. anybody have an idea or a clue.

Ed

Actually the SOLAS recommendation which is used as regulation by USCG, last time I checked, said the drill commonly referred to as the 'muster drill' must be held b4 sailing for a cruise of more than 1 week duration. A cruise of one week or less requires that the drill be held within 24 hours of sailing. So your cruise might do the drill the following morning, doing so would be in compliance with the SOLAS recommendation. How your ship does it within these guidelines is up to them.

I had a link to a USCG site that provided this information but it appears this link was taken down. I saved the page as a pdf however....

We sailed Millenium out of San Juan in January 2010. As I recall muster was held at about 4:30, but it was kind of a joke - no attendance was taken - so it was not a "muster" - and the "crew" member who demonstrated the life jacket to the group we were in was one of the dancers. The "muster" took place in several different lounges.

Archived