December Dry Dock for QV?

smoothsailors

Does anyone have more information that the QV will be in dry dock the first 2 weeks of December and/or any changes/refurbishing that will be done?:)

All I know is there is a gap in her schedule. It's not long so I don't expect to see any major changes.

All I know is there is a gap in her schedule. It's not long so I don't expect to see any major changes.

No, it's not very long. She's going to Germany for her two week drydock according to the crew (as they weren't looking forwards to sleeping aboard with no aircon on!)

Maybe some minor refurbishments perhaps change the sweet shop to the bookshop like QE? that would be nice. It wouldn't surprise me if the Art Gallery became another Clarendon Fine Arts (same as QE too) as Clarendon is another trading name for Whitewall (who are on P&O Ventura... Azura.. etc)

I noticed in August all the teak handrails on the balconies were stripped of varnish for the entire ship, not sure if that was just something they were in the middle of doing or were getting ready for December.

I will be on her first cruise immediately after the drydock so will let you know :)

Chris

I noticed in August all the teak handrails on the balconies were stripped of varnish for the entire ship, not sure if that was just something they were in the middle of doing or were getting ready for December.

They were all like that in early July too. Some of them had been done as early as April.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the dry dock in December was for a paint job on the hull.

Hopefully they will reposition the bar stools in the QG lounge and Commodore, like they've been promising for some time. They are far too close to the bar meaning that you have to be under 4'10" to sit facing the bar (unlike QM2)

I'm with you Stewart, get rid of the fixed rotating stools and replace with free standing ones, like on QM2. I heard a rumour that they wanted to put a big model ship on top of the island in the bar where they keep all the liqueurs, but that makes no sense so maybe it is true

Archived