Quick Oasis thought from 10/2/10 with pics from BW balcony 12725

Cruised this sailing. Had a fantastic time. Stayed in BW cabin 12725 and have attached 3 pics that show the views we had. Cabin seemed small but loved the balcony. The beds were by the closet. The bathroom seemed tight and storage space was limited. Never heard noise from boardwalk and felt little to no movement at all from the seas. Great views of the shows in the Aqua Theater. It didnt feel like we were on a ship at all. Next time we will sail in one with an oceanview instead. Prefer to see the water as opposed to balconies accross the way, thought our room had excellent views.

Loved the ship and from curbside to onbard took 15 minutes at most. Very impressive. Disembarking was the same and extremely stress free.

Dining all nights were in speciality restaurants. Here are my thought:

Chops ~ Fantastic as always. Great service and tasty food. Ate there twice.

Chef's table ~ Although the wine was endless and good, it took 3 hours to dine and the food was just ok. Seemed the time between courses was really stretched out to the point everyone was getting antsy. Food was never hot enough and the table agreed that the meat entree was way too rare. Most at the table did not eat the entree. I would not do this again. The service and presentation were excellent

Giovanni's Table ~ My buddy and I agree this was an excellent, plentiful dinner. We were stuffed and the osso bucco was amazing. I would not hesitate to eat here again.

Solarium Bistro ~ Another great meal. Bisson was excellent and the setting for the venue is great. We were the only ones in there when we eat other than the Captain and his first Officer who sat at the table next to us and were most pleasant. They asked us alot of questions about how our cruise was going and if were enjoying the ship.

Izumi's ~ Excellent food but it sure adds up quickly. We left with a 60.00 food tab. The Maitre'd was possibly the most ignorant person I have ever met.

150 Park ~ Was just ok. Nothing really stood out with the meal to us. I wouldnt choose to dine there again but instead opt for another night at Giovanni's.

Seafood Shack ~ all la carte now but it was just ok. Sweet potato fries were good but greasy

Johnny Rockets's ~ breakfast was good and service was excellent. They know how to make you smile in there for sure.

Vintages tappas ~ absolutely excellent and for the amount you get, can make a meal in itself. Flavio the wine hostess was fantastic.

Park Cafe ~ really good breakfast sandwiches when we could get in as it was always packed.

We never made it to the dining room and only used room service twice for breakfast and it was very good both times.

Other thoughts:

Never had an issue getting pool chairs.

Tood advantage of the beer deal on the second day, when they began offering it, but only used it once. I do like the bag though LOL

Did not see any shows but watched them rehearse the shows in the Aqua theater every day. By the end if the cruise, I knew their routines better then some of the performers LOL

I did find the dancing fountains at the Aqua therater very nice.

The staff onboard were exceptional and other that the Izumi Maitre'd.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I apologize my thoughts in this post are all over the place but I believe I am falling asleep as I type this LOL.

DH

1054808295_Picture001.jpg.700f373f575eefa501c78d3e2c21bf5a.jpg

642485700_Picture003.jpg.9b9adac6faade78d3f08fb05b477c1c8.jpg

1108762128_Picture014.jpg.b6cea11b4ef005106f2380675401eae3.jpg

thanks for the pics and info - we will be in 12790 for Thanksgiving.. I know I am already going to miss my waterview balcony as that is my favorite spot while I am on a cruise. but, with the prices this time around could not justify the expense. oh well - if I had to I would use the broom closet as my cabin.

could you see anyone using the zip line from your room? i think that might be cool to see out your window.

kathy

I took one look at your screenname and just KNEW that you were from Jersey! ;) LOL!

Did not see any shows but watched them rehearse the shows in the Aqua theater every day. By the end if the cruise, I knew their routines better then some of the performers LOL

I did find the dancing fountains at the Aqua therater very nice.

The staff onboard were exceptional and other that the Izumi Maitre'd.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I apologize my thoughts in this post are all over the place but I believe I am falling asleep as I type this LOL.

DH

You didn't go to ANY shows?!?!?!? Why not? (just curious)

I took one look at your screenname and just KNEW that you were from Jersey! ;) LOL!

You didn't go to ANY shows?!?!?!? Why not? (just curious)

Just got off the Oasis today :( Went to all the shows they were fantastic....Headliner was ok.

Archived