White Bottom Advice Needed

d34567

Hello everyone out there in Cruise Critic land!

Only 22 days until I board Ruby Princess for the Eastern Caribbean! I'm gathering my clothes in our guest room, and would like some help on the white bottoms I am packing. I expect to pack several white bottoms - white linen long skirt, white pants, and some more casual white skirts - and I would like some advice on how dirty the cruise ship seats are. I expect that the white skirts I wear on the islands will get dirty, and that is why I buy my whites all white - I bleach the heck out of them as needed. I'm the crazy lady that has even gardened in one of these skirts. :D

I am hoping that the nice white items will be able to last a full day or night on board. I don't plan on wiping off before I sit each time, but I will of course keep an eye out for spills and other big obvious problems. Do you think my nice items are safe? (I don't mind bleaching them when I get home, but don't want to run to the room to change from dust butt.) I don't need guarantees, but I would like good odds. :cool:

Looking forward to the responses - I hope my wardrobe selections get to come with me!

Extra credit: Is white acceptable in Florida in November? I know I can do what I want, but I'd like to stay within local style. I won't wear white in California in November.

The pool chairs that haven't been used recently could have some "dust or dirt"....but it shouldn't be enough to really mess up your white pants! Inside, the furniture will NOT be soiled!

I think you'll be fine...I wear white alot, too, and have never become so soiled that I needed to change!

You'll see some white in Miami in the winter, mostly on senior women in the form of polyester pants and orthopedic shoes. The rest of Florida, pretty much only on tourists after early October. You'll see light khaki shades year round throughout the state.

You'll see some white in Miami in the winter, mostly on senior women in the form of polyester pants and orthopedic shoes. The rest of Florida, pretty much only on tourists after early October. You'll see light khaki shades year round throughout the state.

I don't think the OP was looking for permission to wear white which she certainly doesn't need. I think she was asking whether or not the ship's furniture was dirty. I also like wearing white on cruises and have never had a problem with the chairs causing dirt. The problem is more with the "WEARER" and don't dare let me near a dish of pasta with tomato sauce while in a white top.

I know all about the attack of the food! My family invariably wore light colors whenever we came across a chili cookoff. I think every time we had the winner, runner up and third place on our shirts. :(

Hopefully that doesn't jinx me for the white with pink embroidery tunic I'll be wearing with white pants one day... It's like this one, but long sleeves with really bright pink on true white... http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=477825&CategoryID=26518

White always proper in tropics. I live S. Beach. No poly allowed. Just counted my white bottoms; 14, of which 12 currently fit. I find they seem to get most soiled on public seating. Got a bunch of spots on shorts yesterday. two sprays of Spray N wash and they are fine. You might bring some along, only in checked bag.

Mrs Pete, I'm not going to ask for permission to wear my white bikini - I caved to expected public opinion and bought myself a skirted bottom but I'm still going to rock the top I have. I am pretty sure that I am my harshest critic so if I'm OK with it, it is probably fine. :D

... Wow, I'm slow... NOW I get what you were implying! :eek: Yes my bottom will stay white and no, none of you will see it!!! :p

not true.. I live in Florida and white is worn year round, shorts, linens, cottens,, white bathing suits.. white capris,, white jeans,, etc... where I live I don't see polyester pants and orthopedic shoes on seniors.. our seniors are out on the golf course in miniskirts and shorts... and on the tennis courts in tennis whites...:D

I havent had any problems wearing white on the ship... the furniture is clean and out by the pool, just sit on a towel ....

There always seems to be this white controversy but I was just drooling over winter white wool slacks and a gorgeous white sweater .. Not for the tropics but still white !!

I always wear white on tropical cruises and I never have a problem with the chairs being dusty/dirty. Too many people use them too much for them to accumulate that particular hazard. I do tend to avoid the buffet in white .. too much opportunity for someone else or myself to spill on me.

Remember that you can always have things cleaned on the ship! I took my white pants on our cruise last month and sent them out midweek to be cleaned. Saves a bit on packing space if you can plan to wear things twice and spend a bit on cleaning.

not true.. I live in Florida and white is worn year round, shorts, linens, cottens,, white bathing suits.. white capris,, white jeans,, etc... where I live I don't see polyester pants and orthopedic shoes on seniors.. our seniors are out on the golf course in miniskirts and shorts... and on the tennis courts in tennis whites...:D

Ditto. ;)

Archived