Hotel in downtown Miami that's not the IC

quadgirl

I would go to Last Minute Travel...on your date with two adults two kids I see.....downtown

4.5 stars $84 Hyatt Regency Miami Convention Center

5 star $129 Conrad Miami

3.5 star $81 Courtyard by Marriott downtown

4.5 star $129 Marriott Biscayne Bay

3.5 star $179 Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Good luck :)

Of the list posted above the Hyatt is by far the best bargain - for that price (assuming you do not need to park a car, because the parking charges in downtown are crazy!:eek:), who care about free breakfasts, etc.?:confused:

Good luck!:)

Any suggestions for a hotel in downtown Miami that is not the IC? I need it for Nov. 13th for 4 people and the IC is not coming up for that date.

Thanks for any suggestions/tips ;)

We stayed at the Hilton downtown and it was quite nice. CLose to the pier also!:)

Thanks for all the responses :p We are staying the day/night in Miami after we get off the NCL Epic before we fly out early Sunday morning to head home. I saw the Hyatt on LMT. We'll be getting off the ship early Saturday so we have the whole day to explore after we dump our luggage. Would Miami Beach be a better place to hang for the day/evening? If so, how far is that from the port and do you know what a taxi would run for 4 adults? And then how far would it be to the airport the next day? One comment I saw on LMT was that the Hyatt charged a $50 early departure fee. Any idea what that is....is it for leaving before a certain time in the morning?

Thanks again for all your tips/advice :D

If it's 140 for 4 adults but 84 for 2 adults I would probably spend the extra amount if this is where I wanted to stay...but I personally would rather be at the beach so I would probably rent a car and stay somewhere besides downtown and return the car to the airport...but that is just my opinion.

It looks like the $84 is actually for the Hyatt based on number of floors and number of rooms. But I am new to LMT so I may be incorrect.

You are correct. There's a way to check which hotel it is more accurately. Open this as a separate window: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=13982&provider=localTgsProvider

From LMT, you can click the "more info" button and look at the URL it takes you to. The numbers after HotelId= are what you need to copy and paste into the above URL. Tourico Holidays is a sister site to LMT and their hotel ID numbers are identical across the board. 13982 is the Hyatt Regency at Convention Center.

You are correct. There's a way to check which hotel it is more accurately. Open this as a separate window: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=13982&provider=localTgsProvider

From LMT, you can click the "more info" button and look at the URL it takes you to. The numbers after HotelId= are what you need to copy and paste into the above URL. Tourico Holidays is a sister site to LMT and their hotel ID numbers are identical across the board. 13982 is the Hyatt Regency at Convention Center.

Great tip. Thx.

Anyone know what the hotel considers "Early Departure?" I emailed LMT but haven't gotten a response yet?

I apologize in my last post I meant to say that I would probably spend the extra money to get two rooms for 2 adults each at the Hyatt if that is where I wanted to stay since they were charging more to put four in a single room.

Gotcha. I was thinking that was what you meant :D It's not much extra for the two rooms so if we go with Hyatt we'll do that.

If you have a choice, why on earth would you choose to stay downtown?

Miami Beach is a much better location, and you might find a deal or two there.

Blue Lagoon is also good for a pre-cruise night.

Where is Blue Lagoon?

Just booked the Hyatt on LMT for 2 rooms at 84.00 each.

Been to Miami many times and usually stay in South Beach area, but the decent hotels are running a little too high for our dates. We're arriving separately and late the night before our cruise so it's mostly for convenience. Good price, close to port and Bayside (we're not afraid of touristy, besides, we are tourists!) :p Very happy with our choice.

Thanks everyone. I will probably go with the Hyatt if I can only find out what "Early Departure" means. We are using the hotel for a post cruise night and our flight leaves early the next morning. LMT says the Hyatt charges $50 for early departure. I've e-mailed LMT but haven't gotten a response yet.

Thanks everyone. I will probably go with the Hyatt if I can only find out what "Early Departure" means. We are using the hotel for a post cruise night and our flight leaves early the next morning. LMT says the Hyatt charges $50 for early departure. I've e-mailed LMT but haven't gotten a response yet.

Hi Quadgirl, I'm pretty sure all that "early departure" means is if you check out before your original departure date (even if you're rate has no cancellation penalty) then they would charge you $50.00. They're not going to charge you an extra $50.00 if you leave "early" on the day you were supposed to check out. Not to worry. ;)

Hi Quadgirl, I'm pretty sure all that "early departure" means is if you check out before your original departure date (even if you're rate has no cancellation penalty) then they would charge you $50.00. They're not going to charge you an extra $50.00 if you leave "early" on the day you were supposed to check out. Not to worry. ;)

This is exactly what early departure fee is. If you book five days, and check out after three, since they cannot charge you for the other two days you did not stay, they charge you an early departure fee.

It does not mean you cannot check out before ten AM.

Thank you :) I feel kind of silly now.....

OK. Now we've decided that we want to stay in South Beach. What are your suggestions for hotels in that area? Can anyone also give me an idea of what a taxi runs from MIA to POM and then from Southbeach to MIA? Our night for the hotel is Nov. 13th when we get back from our NCL Epic cruise.

Thank you :) I feel kind of silly now.....

OK. Now we've decided that we want to stay in South Beach. What are your suggestions for hotels in that area? Can anyone also give me an idea of what a taxi runs from MIA to POM and then from Southbeach to MIA? Our night for the hotel is Nov. 13th when we get back from our NCL Epic cruise.

Check out the Sagamore, it's at Lincoln Rd and Collins. Not South Beach, but Miami Beach. The Ritz-Carlton is in the same area.

South Beach proper hotels are small and noisy due to the 24/7 party that goes on down there.

MIA to Port of Miami is a flat fare of $26 plus tip. To get from South Beach to MIA use the Airport Flyer, an express bus that's only $2.35 per person.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Archived