Planning Help Needed

luvcruisin63

My husband and I have been on over 10 cruises in the last 5 years but we are wanting to go the Mediteranean for an anniversary celebration. Our problem is trying to figure out what is the best itinerary for the first time in the Mediteranean to get to experience it. We will have at least 12 days we can spend there. I have been told not to worry so much about the ship as it is all about the ports. Its totally overwhelming so any help and advice would be sooo greatly appreciated:)

Thanks

Kim

My husband and I have been on over 10 cruises in the last 5 years but we are wanting to go the Mediteranean for an anniversary celebration. Our problem is trying to figure out what is the best itinerary for the first time in the Mediteranean to get to experience it. We will have at least 12 days we can spend there. I have been told not to worry so much about the ship as it is all about the ports. Its totally overwhelming so any help and advice would be sooo greatly appreciated:)

Thanks

Kim

OMG Kim. what a loaded question.

Firstly you need to identify whether to go on Eastern or Western Med.

Western Med will typically include some (or all) of Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Monte Carlo, Corsica etc

Eastern Med will typically include some (or all) Dubrovnik, Athens, Ephesus, Mykonos, Santorini.

If I was expressing an opinion. If you want external scenery Eastern Med may be preferable, if you want great towns and cities Rome, Barca, Florence will blow you away.

It will be very difficult for you to combine the two itineraries but not impossible, dependent on duration. You would need at least 14-16 night cruise to have a chance of doing a bit of east and West.

There is an interesting cruise on NCL Jade - 29th April which could fulfill your requirements:- Barcelona/Monte Carlo/Florence & Pisa/Rome/Katakolon/Athens/Ephesus/Cairo/Venice

If I was looking for a Med cruise and had not been to Venice that is where I would start! Romance, scenery, good place to walk (very flat LOL) and amazing food, and ambience. Princess has a cruise that starts in Venice and goes to Rome hat might be a good one to consider

Laurel

Archived