Comments about Solstice AQ 1541

CruisingYiayia

We just returned from Solstice 10/10 - 10/17 and were in AQ 1541 and just wanted to give a heads up to those who might be booked in this cabin. The cabin is located under the Aqua Spa Cafe, and the noise from the Cafe can be heard in this cabin all day and all night long. You can hear tables and chairs being dragged across the floor, heavy foot steps, machines running, things dropping and breaking. The noise can also be heard in AQ 1539. We made numerous complaints, but the noise continued.

Also...and I will preface this by saying this is only my opinion and I realize food is very subjective, but, I didn't think the dinner selections and food in Blu were anywhere near exceptional. We also found the service to be very inconsistent. We did, however, enjoy breakfast very much.

Zoe, be sure to post a 'cabin review' in the pinned thread about Solstice cabins. It's a simple formula to follow, you don't have to write a long review, just answer a couple questions. That cabin (and 1539 along with it) are already posted, but it doesn't hurt to add emphasis to those wise enough to look there before booking.

Before I found CC, I was booked in 1539, and did it by phone with Celebrity direct. I had a long discussion about cabin choice with the otherwise very friendly and knowledgeable rep. He lead me specifically to chose THAT cabin out of many available, saying (by suggesting we look at the deck above to ensure there would be NO noise) that he "guarantees that cabin will be quiet, because it is under the acupuncture treatment rooms." :eek: HA!

After I found the review in the sticky, I frantically changed our cabin, but by then, it was slim pickings... too bad, it's our honeymoon.

lesson learned: NEVER take Celebrity's word as a sure thing. TRUST your friends on Cruise Critic instead!

Edited by SugarLover
emphasis

Zoe, be sure to post a 'cabin review' in the pinned thread about Solstice cabins. It's a simple formula to follow, you don't have to write a long review, just answer a couple questions. That cabin (and 1539 along with it) are already posted, but it doesn't hurt to add emphasis to those wise enough to look there before booking.

Before I found CC, I was booked in 1539, and did it by phone with Celebrity direct. I had a long discussion about cabin choice with the otherwise very friendly and knowledgeable rep. He lead me specifically to chose THAT cabin out of many available, saying (by suggesting we look at the deck above to ensure there would be NO noise) that he "guarantees that cabin will be quiet, because it is under the acupuncture treatment rooms." :eek: HA!

After I found the review in the sticky, I frantically changed our cabin, but by then, it was slim pickings... too bad, it's our honeymoon.

lesson learned: NEVER take Celebrity's word as a sure thing. TRUST your friends on Cruise Critic instead!

Edited by SugarLover
emphasis

• 5 years later...

AGREE 100 %

We recently booked 1539 on Silhouette for 2018.. At the time .we could not search the sticky on my tablet...and for some reason missed the spreadsheet link...

We had our pick of Just about any A 1 or A 2. We no longer enjoy the mid ships, angled humps...too much noise from pool parties and bands,and did not want other known noisy spots under the pool deck. The Celebrity rep rec 1539...said it was under acupunture room and would be quiet as well as near the spa and Relaxation Room

Sounded good and the Celeb deck plans seem to show it that way...but as we learned from this post and ultimately the sticky spreadsheet it isn't so. It is reporte to be located under the AQ spa kitchen...Yikes! We'll be calling first thing tom to change to a better location....fully vetted via Cruise Critic !

So many thanks to Cruise Critic and the spreadsheet/sticky note...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post information about this cabin. I originally had booked this cabin for our first Celebrity cruise but switched to 1544 after reading about the noise issues.

Good choice!

We like the bed by the doorwall (vs. by the bath) configuration so like that cabin, 1540 and 1548 as our third choice.

The cabins on that side of the ship are under the retail store and there is no noise from above.

Thank you for the info. I am a little concerned - we are sailing on Oct 31 and are in AQ 1553. Will we have the same problem?

I think, but am not positive, that you'll be under the hot tub area of the Solarium Pool.

Did you check the sticky for info on that cabin?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=80056643

Edited by chamima