Safety for items left on beach

Aline13

I didn't know they had a water safe bag - I will look into this, just for peace of mind, since its just the two of us I would like to swim together and not worry about our stuff. When we board the ship do they give us i.d. to take with us when we get off on the islands and use this to get back on board - or do we have to take our passport and drivers license? Thanks for your help everyone.

I didn't know they had a water safe bag - I will look into this, just for peace of mind, since its just the two of us I would like to swim together and not worry about our stuff. When we board the ship do they give us i.d. to take with us when we get off on the islands and use this to get back on board - or do we have to take our passport and drivers license? Thanks for your help everyone.

Most of the time, they recommend you take a photo ID in addition to your cruise card. I've seen some ports where they enforced this requirement. Leave your passport in the cabin safe.

I take my cruise card, drivers license, and a credit card in my swimsuit. I always buy swimsuits that have either velcro or zippered pockets. I also put any cash in the pocket as well. So far, no one has turned down taking damp money. And my camera is waterproof, so I can take it out in the water also.

Most of the time, they recommend you take a photo ID in addition to your cruise card. I've seen some ports where they enforced this requirement. Leave your passport in the cabin safe.

I take my cruise card, drivers license, and a credit card in my swimsuit. I always buy swimsuits that have either velcro or zippered pockets. I also put any cash in the pocket as well. So far, no one has turned down taking damp money. And my camera is waterproof, so I can take it out in the water also.

You should always keep a photo copy of your passport with you just in the outside chance you had to return to the US not on the ship. It would make things a lot easier proving who you are.

geoherb--while men's swimsuits have pockets and stuff, I am not aware of any women's that do.

I usually only take my cruisecard and put it in a book and my husband has one of those "waterproof" things that he puts some cash and his cruise card in the pocket of his swimsuit.

We have a new small waterproof camera that I guess will be going in the water with us this year. If we bring the good camera, one of us stays with the stuff while the other is in the water.

I have been on four caribbean cruises and never had to take more than my boarding card with me to get back on the ship.

I have a waterproof bag but I rarely use it. There is a little creditcard sized plastic case with a seal that is perfect for your cruise card. a credit card, some cash and a copy of your passport picture ID or drivers license. It is on a cord for around your neck, and I just tuck it in my suit top or under a swim vest. It is about $5 and is better than losing any of the above.

In Cozumel we had to show picture ID just to get access to the pier. There was a woman in front of us that only had her cruise card and they were not going to let her through. I'm not sure what finally happened. I would suggest that you take your driver's licence or other picture ID so you don't have any problems.

Darlene

About 50% of the time I take our passports with us...just in case....one time in 2009 in St Vincent on a private tour with 20 CC friends, my hubby jump from a boat ladder into the water to snorkel and severely cut his arm, when I first saw it there was a lot of blood and hanging skin, before people wrapped it with beach towels and put a tourniquet on his upper arm. I thought OMG!, if he/ or we need to be flown off this island that time our passports were on the ship, our tour guide gave us a choice of the medical center on the ship or the local hospital..:eek:..we chose the ship medical center....he is fine now and has a permanent "V" on his arm, his permanent souvenir from St Vincent.

I have a waterproof bag but I rarely use it. There is a little creditcard sized plastic case with a seal that is perfect for your cruise card. a credit card, some cash and a copy of your passport picture ID or drivers license. It is on a cord for around your neck, and I just tuck it in my suit top or under a swim vest. It is about $5 and is better than losing any of the above.

where do you get something like this from??

what are you taking? You don't need much! Don't bring passports. Don't bring much cash...only 1 credit card (one NOT linked to your onboard account...) No one wants your t-shirt or flip-flops. Don't bring an expensive camera...use disposables, if you have to have one...no one wants your picture...they only want expensive electronics.

Cash, credit card and room key can all get wet, if they need to...water will not hurt them.

We always stay in sight of our 'spot' on the beach.....if we can't see our stuff, we take it with us.

where do you get something like this from??

If you go up to the top of this page, you will see "store" in the pinkish line. You can purchase one from there. They are also available on-board most ships, but you might only have the choice of one size.

We each have a waterwallet. I loop mine around the strap of my swimsuit and stuff it down the front. My DH keeps his in a velcroed swimtrunk pocket. We would never leave home w/o one!

Archived