Inspiration Dry Dock 10/23

gsueagle2424

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/inspiration/InspirationFactSheet.htm

Looks like the Inspiration is supposed to be dry docked from 10/23-11/6.

Does anyone know if this is still on schedule for the Inspiration? The wife and I set sail 11/6 and where just curious of what they do during a dry dock?

I sail a few days after you on the 11th...kind of curious as well. I am guessing a general cleaning of the ship? Maybe carpet, new bedding, paint and stuff like that? I can't see much being done structurally, although the ship is out for 2 weeks.

Good question!

I sail a few days after you on the 11th...kind of curious as well. I am guessing a general cleaning of the ship? Maybe carpet, new bedding, paint and stuff like that? I can't see much being done structurally, although the ship is out for 2 weeks.

Good question!

I figured it couldn't be anything major. Would be nice to have new carpet, bedding and a fresh coat of paint for the cruise. I figured also it might make the embarkation a little smoother since all the rooms should be ready to go pretty early.

My other half's going over to the Inspiration once he's finished on the Allure, if he can get wifi over there I'll be able to get in touch with him and I'm sure he'll say what they're doing :)

I figured it couldn't be anything major. Would be nice to have new carpet, bedding and a fresh coat of paint for the cruise. I figured also it might make the embarkation a little smoother since all the rooms should be ready to go pretty early.

That may or may not be the case. I was on the first cruise post dry dock in 2007. We were a couple of hours late boarding and sailing, as I recall. Depending on the work being performed, some areas of the ship may not be accessible due to unfinished work.

But...if you're on the Inspiration, it will be a great cruise! :)

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Carnival/fleet/inspiration/InspirationFactSheet.htm

Looks like the Inspiration is supposed to be dry docked from 10/23-11/6.

Does anyone know if this is still on schedule for the Inspiration? The wife and I set sail 11/6 and where just curious of what they do during a dry dock?

Yes, they are dry-docking. They were taking stair measurements all over the ship. Alex said it was to replace carpeting and a few other things.

they are dry docking her to get her ready for the panama repositioning cruise Dec 3rd. She will be going to CA and most of the dry dockings Carnival does are done in Florida from what ive been told.

Oops???? Wrong thread.

they are dry docking her to get her ready for the panama repositioning cruise Dec 3rd. She will be going to CA and most of the dry dockings Carnival does are done in Florida from what ive been told.

I hope not seeing we're sailing on her December 8th out of Tampa!!

Yes, I believe 2011 is the repositioning cruise.

• 11 months later...

Archived