Entertainment Bookings

Do you have a schedule for the entertainment 1/9/11? RC has only posted December so far.

Chicago

Sun - 9:00PM

Mon - 10:00PM

Tue - 7:00PM

OceanAria

Sun - 9:00 & 10:45PM

Mon - 9:00 & 10:45PM

Tue - 7:30 & 9:00PM

Ice Games

Mon - 5:00 & 7:30PM

Thu - 7:30 & 9:30PM

Sat - 5:00PM

Blue Planet

Fri - 7:00 & 9:00PM

Sat - 5:00PM

The whole process is sort of a frustration for me...

Things were so simple when you had either main seating dinner or late seating dinner and there was a show in the main showroom--different each night--timed for each dinner seating...

Seems like there is both more and less on these new mega-ships...more in that you get a Broadway-type show and they've added the Aqua Theater, but less in that there are only six different shows on the entire ship now--and that INCLUDES the ice show...

And now we have to work them around our dinner arrangements...

As someone with "Main Seating" dinner at 6 pm each evening, rather than having a show requiring no reservation starting in the showroom each night at 8:45 or 9, we now have to hope to be able to reserve shows in various locations, some at 8:30, some at 9:00 and some at 9:30...and, we will need to get there early enough that our places won't be given away to those in line...

To make things even more difficult, for our January 2 cruise, they just opened up reservations about a week ago--but for only four of the six shows (everything but comedy and Headliner)...and they've got schedules posted for only the first three December cruises--so, we have to assume that our sailing's schedule will be the same as the December 5 Western...

So, based on that assumption, I've booked four of the shows...and am still logging in daily waiting for the Comedy and Headliner reservations to pop up...

Interestingly enough, the venues and the number of reservable shows do NOT allow for everyone on board to be guaranteed a seat for the shows...

At full double occupancy, the ship could hols up to 6,296 passengers...

The main showroom appears to seat, including the two upper levels, 2,161 persons, so the three shows there should accommodate all passengers, even if some do not get their choice of times...

But, the Ice venue seats 775...There are only 5 scheduled shows...hence only 3,875 available seats...

The Aqua Theater seats 735...six scheduled shows, hence 4,410 available seats...and...

The Comedy venue seats a mere 120...With 16 scheduled shows, that's only 1,920 available seats for the comedy shows...for a possible 6,296 passengers!

Now, there is a notation that additional show times may be added, but when you realize the comedy venue is booked for two to three shows each night, it's hard to see when those extra shows might be added...

Especially now that I've booked my showtimes for the first four shows and with my dinner seating set in stone, we can't even do over half of the scheduled comedy showtimes...making it crucial for me to get in and book one of those 120 available seats in the one time that fits best into my schedule...

Booking a cruise should not involve this much pre-planning and work!

And, what of those "last-minute" cruisers? Will they finally sign on and find show reservations impossible...and find themselves waiting on a line for cancellations for every show they want to attend?

WE also are on 6pm dinning on the 2 Jan sailing i have booked the shows too but have found a limited choice of dates and times, i assume because the shows on other dates are already fully booked wanted to book them on cruising days so as not to rush too much when do you know about the formal evenings that my tA told us about?

WE also are on 6pm dinning on the 2 Jan sailing i have booked the shows too but have found a limited choice of dates and times, i assume because the shows on other dates are already fully booked wanted to book them on cruising days so as not to rush too much when do you know about the formal evenings that my tA told us about?

From all reports, the formal nights will be Monday (At Sea Day) and Friday (Cozumel).

There are limited showtimes...The shows in the main showroom--Chicago, Headliner and Blue Planet each only play three times each...There are 5 Ice Shows and 6 Water Shows...The Comedy show repeats 16 times and is the only one that occurs every night...

The schedule is the same as the one for the December 5 sailing on this link:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/AL_showtimes_at_a_glance.pdf

I keep reading that the Allure is the ship of entertainment, and I'm really looking forward to sailing her. One question though, RCI blogs keep talking about all this Dreamworks entertainment, including an ice show. I see no sign of it in the planner for Jan sailings. Anyone know whether it will be on by then?

Do you have to have a reservation for all the entertainment?

If you want to assure that you will see a show you want to see, you will need to book a reservation. If you are willing to show up and take the spot of a "no show" you can do that without having made any prior reservation. Every show we attended on the Oasis had no shows.

There is not assigned seating. It's like going to a movie theater. If you get there early, you get the choice seats. The later you go, the less choice you will have. No reservation means you have to take what is available.

Do you have to have a reservation for all the entertainment?

If you're booked in a Grand Suite or higher, then you will not need a reservation. The Concierge will place a sticker on your SeaPass card that will get you entry into any show. Some have stated that D+ were added to this perk but that was not the case on my two Oasis cruises.

Does anyone know what time they usually schedule the Headliner show and also...

is the comedy show the same every night or is there a different comedy show each night.

Booked on Allure for next year and really looking forward to it..Thanks for the help!

Archived