Oasis Nursery / Kids program questions

Hi there,

We are sailing the Allure Jan 2nd - 4 adults and 3 kids aged 7, 6, 4.5 and 20 months. If anyone has any experience with the kids program and the nursery, your comments would be appreciated.

1- what are the odds that my DD who will be almost 5 will be allowed in the same group as the 2 other kids aged 6 and 7? My thing is she would be more comfortable with her sister if she could be in the same group and I fear that she will not want to go if not with them.

2- I saw a post somewhere with the schedule for the kids program - they divide it by time slots - like 4 to 7 pm there is one activity, then 7 pm to 10 pm another one. Does it mean that they have to go when that time slot starts or could they join anytime (like if we sign them in at 6 pm until 8, for example?)

3- for the nursery, can we pre-book the babysitting in advance (like Disney) or does it have to be done onboard on the first day?

4- does the nursery will change the baby's diaper or will I have to come and change it myself?

Thank you for your input.

Hi there,

We are sailing the Allure Jan 2nd - 4 adults and 3 kids aged 7, 6, 4.5 and 20 months. If anyone has any experience with the kids program and the nursery, your comments would be appreciated.

1- what are the odds that my DD who will be almost 5 will be allowed in the same group as the 2 other kids aged 6 and 7? My thing is she would be more comfortable with her sister if she could be in the same group and I fear that she will not want to go if not with them.

2- I saw a post somewhere with the schedule for the kids program - they divide it by time slots - like 4 to 7 pm there is one activity, then 7 pm to 10 pm another one. Does it mean that they have to go when that time slot starts or could they join anytime (like if we sign them in at 6 pm until 8, for example?)

3- for the nursery, can we pre-book the babysitting in advance (like Disney) or does it have to be done onboard on the first day?

4- does the nursery will change the baby's diaper or will I have to come and change it myself?

I had a great experience with the Oasis nursery on the inaugural sailing. My daughter was 13 months old. At the time, you had to book the first day on board but I know they were working toward online booking. They change the diapers, feed them, and are were really great in every way. The ratio was 1:3 plus 1 which is great.

They are usually very strict about not letting kids in other age groups mingle.

As far as activity times are concerned, it varies ship to ship and from night to night. It's best to check with staff once you board.

Hi there,

Hi

The kids are usually divided by age 4-5 6-7 They usually will not let you put a child in a different age group.

The hours are 9AM -!!:30 1PM - 4 6 PM - 10 I am not real sure of the times since it was 2 years ago when we where on ship My grandchildren loved it have used it on 3 cruises You can usually take them in anytime but the kids seem to want to get there and not leave since they are having fun.

You can leave the child past 10PM for a charge $5.00 per hr I think. You can have babysitting in your cabin for a charge,not sure how much since I have never used it I don't know anything about the nursery since I have never used it. Hope this helps some also like someone else said try the family cruising boards they should be able to answer better.

Hi there,

Hello! Just got off Oasis this past Saturday.

Since my daughter is 11, I cannot answer all your questions. However, ages 6-8 are called the "Explorers" and 9-11 are called the "Voyagers". They definitely will not let you put younger kids in older groups, but some Adventure Oceans will allow older kids in younger groups. Not to say they definitely will, but I have heard it happen for sure.

The hours are 9:00 a.m. right through until 2:00 a.m. the next morning. The hours are NOT broken up as they currently are on other ships. After 10pm, however, the charge is $6.00 per hour. It's called the "Late Night Party Zone". But from 9am-10pm, there is NO charge for the program, unless you leave them there for lunch. Lunch is a separate charge. You can also leave them there for dinner! That is free. They take the kids to a special area of the Windjammer. That was a wonderful provision! :)

The kids can come and go anytime within those time ranges, unless they are out to lunch or dinner, then you have to check when the staff is back in the rooms with the kids, otherwise the room will be empty. They also take the older kids out onto the Sports Deck for games in the basketball court, so be sure to check the Compass for times.

Sorry I can't help you on any of the younger children questions! :)

Archived