Grand Circle River Cruise Ships

bobinaustin

Looking at a Grand Circle cruise next September - Romance of the Rhine and Moselle. Has anyone been on one of their ships recently? Namely the M/S River Harmony, Melody or Rhapsody. They were built in 1999 and I wondered how they are holding up.

Thanks for your help.

Looking at a Grand Circle cruise next September - Romance of the Rhine and Moselle. Has anyone been on one of their ships recently? Namely the M/S River Harmony, Melody or Rhapsody. They were built in 1999 and I wondered how they are holding up.

Thanks for your help.

We were on the Rhapsody last March on the same trip (we went from Basel to Antwerp), and found the ship in very good condition. The crew was terrific as were our guides. Our only complaint was that dinner service was quite slow, but it was the first cruise of the season with a lot of new people on board. And it did get better towards the end of the cruise.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your help.

We were on the MS HARMONY in june. The ship was very clean and the crew were the best we have encountered on any cruise!!! I will highly recommend this line.

TOM:)

I've just returned from Grand Circle's Prague and Blue Danube cruise. That was on the River Aria. That ship was lovely. And the cruise was great in every way. I'm sure that all the boats are in good condition.

Have you ever traveled with Grand Circle before? This was my first river cruise, but my 7th trip with GCT. What I like about them, is that there is always a day when they divide you into small groups, and you have lunch with a host family. This time, I believe I got the prize- a wonderful family, good food, and a great exchange of info. Also, on one evening, we had some university students visit on the ship, and share their experiences with us. Other evenings there was local entertainment.

The program directors, and the rest of the crew were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The food was the best.

I hope you have a good a time as I did.

I appreciate the responses. I've travelled with Vantage twice before and was very pleased. It sounds like GCT is in the same class. My deposit has been made and am ready to go (in 10 months).

Have a great trip. I don't know if they have completely rolled it out yet, but GCT is adding a message board where you can meet others on your cruise.

We were on GCT's Harmony for the Romance of the Rhine and Mosel last September. We absolutely loved this trip. The ship was extremely well maintained. We found the Program Directors to be wonderful. Very helpful. The food was always delicious. The only negative was that we did not care for the complimentary wine served with dinner. We are not wine experts, but whatever it was that they were serving was not very good. I think the next time we would purchase some bottles of wine while in town and just pay the corkage fee in the dining room, which was minimal.

Thanks for your help.

We did the Rhine/Moiselle on the Harmony in July. The ship is in great shape. The sun deck is not to fancy like some others we docked next to but it passed. The captain and tour directors are very good at their job. No.for me the food was not that great but did not starve.

You have booked but on what ship??

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate the responses. I've travelled with Vantage twice before and was very pleased. It sounds like GCT is in the same class. My deposit has been made and am ready to go (in 10 months).

It is my understanding that Vantage and GCT are owned by brothers that split and thus they are very similar. We did GCT in Russia last September and were very pleased.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

we have gone on most of gct river tours.All were very good with outstanding food.Altho some optional tours were available ,most can be done on your own.

PRICES ARE REASONABLE AND THE SHIPS while older are very servicable.R ooms are small but not a problem

Thanks for your help.

you will have no problem with the room or food.Excellant food well prepared

We were on the Harmony last year and loved the captain and the crew. Our guides, especially Katie, were wonderful. We are just home from the Danube Christmas Markets cruise on the Concerto. Again, wonderful service and a fine staff. The food is not up to big cruise ship standards in terms of quantity (a good thing) or diversity but we enjoyed all our meals except breakfast - personal issue, I don't eat eggs and the waffles, pancakes and similar items were cool and not very well prepared. Of course, you have to see the galley. It is amazing what the kitchen staff accomplishes in such a small space. I would heartily recommend GCT.

• 6 months later...

We are taking the Holland and Belgium River Cruise next May. This is our first river cruise although we have gone on many other cruises. Has anyone gone on Grand Circle River Cruises, any suggestions?:)

We are taking the Holland and Belgium River Cruise next May. This is our first river cruise although we have gone on many other cruises. Has anyone gone on Grand Circle River Cruises, any suggestions?:)

First, may I suggest you start a new thread, you might get more responses. Maybe title it Holland in Spring - GCT.

We have done GCT twice - one was the cruise you are doing. I would cruise GCT again in a minute and I would do the Holland/Belguim itinerary again too (even though Rhine and Mosel is next on my list :) ). If you post the "optional excursions," I'm sure you will get a lot of input. We went in March and it was early for the flowers although still pretty. Do you have a specific questions

Archived