Istanbul Hotels - Need more recommendations

I've done a search of this forum and came up with a couple but looking for a few more to check out. I did do the TripAdvisor but too many are coming up and I think having fellow cruisers recommendations would help alot.

Here are the ones I found on the forums here already:

Hotel Sari Konak

Dersaadet Hotel

Any others we should check? Would prefer close to the local sights for taking the tram or just walking.

The other question I have is the cost is showing in euros versus the local currency. Typical for Istanbul?

Julia

I will second the recommendation for the Sari Konak -- great hotel and great location.

If you're looking for additional places to consider, Sirkeci Konak has also been recommended here on CC by several. I've stayed next door to it and it looks very nice. It's close to the tram line and very near the entrance to Topkapi Park where the Archaeological Museum is located.

We stayed last month in a small hotel in Sirkeci called The Maywood. You can read the reviews in Tripadvisor. The rooms were small, but not pokey. The fittings were quality and new. Breakfast was copious with a great choice. No restaurant, but this isn't a problem as there are many within walking distance. They will do either a pick up or return to the airport, free. I thought it was very good value for the price ( €90 per night, but they do 10% discount if you pay in cash!) It is very close to the tram, within walking distance of Blue Mosque, Aghia Sophia, Topkapi, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar etc. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

Archived