Winter 2011

Just had an e-mail, and it states:

Havana, first & only chance This winter sees your only opportunity to cruise out of Havana, Cuba. Think of ladies sashaying to the salsa beat, old men sipping a coffee and puffing a fat cigar at a corner cafe and shiny pink Cadillacs cruising the Cuban streets.

I did read here somewhere, that there was a rumour that the Dream was changing it's itinery next year, to be more like the current Destiny one, do you think this now confirms it?

Lets speculate!

If Dream is dropping the Cuba destinations for winter 2011 it could be because Destiny or another ship is leaving the Thomson fleet after next summer. They only need 3 ships for the winter season and with Celebration doing the Red Sea, Island Escape the Canaries, Dream the Caribbean and Spirit mothballed for the winter there is no place for Destiny. As Destiny's charter is due for renewal they might drop the ship?

In early November we should know as the winter 2011 brochures are published.

Just had an e-mail, and it states:

Havana, first & only chance This winter sees your only opportunity to cruise out of Havana, Cuba. Think of ladies sashaying to the salsa beat, old men sipping a coffee and puffing a fat cigar at a corner cafe and shiny pink Cadillacs cruising the Cuban streets.

I did read here somewhere, that there was a rumour that the Dream was changing it's itinery next year, to be more like the current Destiny one, do you think this now confirms it?

Well, it could indicate a change. I posted about something I'd heard about the Dream next year. I'd heard that it could change from the current 3 week cycle to something more like the 2 week b-2-b cycle which the Destiny does - not that its itineraries would necessarily be the same or similar itineraries as Destiny.

The point about this would be that they could perhaps be offering a cruise and stay option currently not available on Dream because of the three different 'base' port arrangement. I did also say that I hadn't heard anything about the Dream's itineraries - it could include Cuba - or not. I don't think we can read any more into moving to a 2-week cycle instead of a 3-week cycle than that - the itineraries could be anything.

Interesting that the email said 'first and only chance to sail out of Havana' - it can be interpreted in different ways. Does it mean they're not going to Cuba or just that they won't be sailing out of Cuba next year? My guess would be that Cuba will still be there - just not flying into and out of Cuba otherwise I reckon they would have said something like 'last chance to cruise to Havana'. It could be they're just trying to prompt you to book by inferring you can't go there next year - or am I being too cynical?

Lets speculate!

If Dream is dropping the Cuba destinations for winter 2011 it could be because Destiny or another ship is leaving the Thomson fleet after next summer. They only need 3 ships for the winter season and with Celebration doing the Red Sea, Island Escape the Canaries, Dream the Caribbean and Spirit mothballed for the winter there is no place for Destiny. As Destiny's charter is due for renewal they might drop the ship?

In early November we should know as the winter 2011 brochures are published.

Someone posted a link a little while ago showing a site which was advertising the Island Escape for sale - $65m

Someone posted a link a little while ago showing a site which was advertising the Island Escape for sale - $65m

Indeed, it has been for sale for some time and is the only ship that TUI own? There are obviously no takers so the question is, is it cheaper to run cruises on the Escape or on one of the chartered ships?

Indeed, it has been for sale for some time and is the only ship that TUI own? There are obviously no takers so the question is, is it cheaper to run cruises on the Escape or on one of the chartered ships?

Add to that the item on today's BBC News (Business news) about TUI having to write-off £117m and their finance chief stepping down and who knows what's going on! :confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11594868

Archived