NCL Sky questions

irish cailin

Hi Folks,

I am cruising on the Sky on 2/21/11 and have never cruised before! Just some questions that i cant find answers to here.

1. DSC - as we are booked into a suite, does this charge cover Cagneys restaurant where we will be eating breakfast and lunch? (i have no problems paying DSC, just need to know if i need tip extra!) A simple yes or no will suffice here, not looking to get into discussion on merits of DSC

2. We are booked into AD Suite room 0201. This i believe is a wheelchair accessible room. If someone needs this room do they normally upgrade or will i be offered another AD suite (At present no AD or AC available on line to book!)

3. Does anyone know if the Irish Cream Liqueur they serve is BAILEYS or is it another brand? Coming from Ireland, nothing (IMHO) compares to the real thing!

4. Anything that i shouldnt miss excursion wise, as i am travelling from the other side of the atlantic and want to make the most of this cruise. Will have 4 yr old with us so child friendly stuff too pls!

cant think of anything else really that i need to know, so thanks in advance for your help and advise

Dont know any of the suite questions. We just recently got off of the sky last week. Awesome ship, extremely clean, great service. I will say atlantis in nassau cannot be missed. There are so many ways to do it, we did not use the cruiseline. We booked a room at the comfort suites on paradise island and with the room card you get access to all of atlantis including the water park. In my opinion this is the best thing to do in nassau. You will have a treat time, the private island has great snorkling.

We chose to tip the Cagney's staff at the end of our cruise, as we were served by the same 2 or 3 every day for breakfast (we were never on for lunch). I had asked and apparently they pool the tips anyway. Truthfully, they seemed surprised by the tip at the end of our trip. The service we received was awesome and by the 2nd day it was nice to be greeted by name every morning. We did not travel with children, so sorry cannot suggest anything for you.

Hi

We are on the same cruise,

has anyone any info on cabin 8117.

It seems larger but is also adapted for disabled people

is it likely that we will be moved and if not is the

cabin bigger than a normal cabin,

Thanks

The cabins on the Sky are smaller than most, as she was originally designed for another cruise line, so keep that in mind. We had a BA cabin and there was hardly storage, but for 2 people maybe enough, there was 3 of us. We had to kept dirty clothes in luggage under bed and when they pulled out my couch bed at night we looked like the 3 bears, all in a row ;) but it was a great cruise, I just don't want anyone to be disappointed by cabin size.

Hi

We are on the same cruise,

has anyone any info on cabin 8117.

It seems larger but is also adapted for disabled people

is it likely that we will be moved and if not is the

cabin bigger than a normal cabin,

Thanks

Yes, the accessible cabins do tend have some extra room, especially in the bathroom/shower area. NCL can be move you out of that cabin if someone should actually need an accessible room but it may not be that likely since you are fairly close to your sail date.

Yes, the accessible cabins do tend have some extra room, especially in the bathroom/shower area. NCL can be move you out of that cabin if someone should actually need an accessible room but it may not be that likely since you are fairly close to your sail date.

Thanks for the info,

appreciated

Glad I could help, swigso! I did realize, though, that I misread your sail date. For some reason, I thought your cruise was in November. Since it isn't until February, there is still a chance that you may get bumped out of your cabin. Keep an eye on your reservation in case the cabin number changes (you should be able to see it when you log into your account on the NCL website) - they don't always call you to let you know.

Archived