Anyone know about getting married in the Bahamas?

IslandSliderGirl

My brother and his fiance are booked on a Norwegian cruise next May. The cruise was going to be for their honeymoon. Now they are considering getting married in the Bahamas during the cruise. Anyone have any insight or advise on this??

If you go to the area of the boards under "Special Intrest Cruises" there is a section for Honeymoon & Wedding cruises. You wll probably get a lot more help over there. My friend's niece will be getting married next July in Nassau, and I was thinking it was a bit strange as that will be our LAST port before returning to Miami. She was unable to get married on Grand Turk or the Carnival private island so she is stuck. My 'helpful' input was to get married on the beach in Miami, at least then she won't be worrying if we have to miss the port in Nassau due to weather or mechanical failure.:eek:

I got married in the Bahamas. You need to be there for at least 24 hours before you can get a marriage license. We went two days prior to the date we wanted to get married. The day after arrival we met with the government official that would be marrying us, and he asked us some questions. We had to apply for a license and pay some fees. The following day we were married. We were married at an amazing resort that took care of all of the details. It was perfect!

My wife happened to mention today that she had spoken to someone who had been part of a cruise wedding party, but the wedding, planned for a port stop somewhere, could not be held because the ship had to be diverted due to a storm. The moral of the story is that it isn't such a great idea to plan a wedding for a port stop, because ships miss ports fairly frequently for reasons like weather and mechanical issues.

Archived