car rental shuttle bus from fll airport

cruiser4fun1960

Only certain shuttle companies participate in the shared shuttle bus. Not all of them do - I know that Budget does not. We rented from and returned a Budget car to FLL and had to take a cab to the pier. No biggie, less than 20 bucks.

You can use the "search this forum" function one page back; it works great. It's about half way on the right hand side. Type in "car rental Ft. Lauderdale" or "car rental shuttle" or something similar and you will get hundreds of posts about this.

I have also asked this question and got mixed responses. Four years ago we were at FLL and picked up a rental car from Hertz. It was off site and you practically drove by the port on the way to the car rental.

Most of the car rentals (including Hertz) are now on airport property. I am speculating that the shuttle may not be operating anymore, or some one else has posted not until Noon, or ??? The link that was on some website no longer exists and it isn't discussed on the FLL airport official website. I have tried calling the direct # to our car rental company and it always rolls over to the 800 number. I have decided not to stress about it and just take a cab. For under $20 it isn't worth the worry.

Also--found out that you can drop your bags off at the cruise terminal, then return the car, and then return to port in a cab or the mystery rental car shuttle service with less things to hassle with.

The rental car shuttle runs from the rental car garage to your ship.

Got off the grandeur OTS this am. No shuttle. Hoped in a taxi, by the time I made the turn around at the ship there was a rental car shuttle.

Also the taxi driver tried the long way to the airport, but i told him to go straight to the airport.

The rental car shuttle runs from the rental car garage to your ship.

Got off the grandeur OTS this am. No shuttle. Hoped in a taxi, by the time I made the turn around at the ship there was a rental car shuttle.

Also the taxi driver tried the long way to the airport, but i told him to go straight to the airport.

Thanks for the information, I am headed to the Grandeur on Thursday. :)

We were going to take the shuttle to the port a few years ago. We found out that it only runs at certain times. We had to return the van at 9:30 and the shuttle did not start going to the port until after 11. So, we just took a taxi. Very reasonable, and much easier than waiting for a shuttle and then having to drive all around the port dropping people off.

Archived