Regular Aqua vs Hump CC

titansfanatic

Hi CC's.

Hoping you could weigh in on a question I have. In May, we were in an AQ room. We upgraded about 1 month prior to sailing, and they put us in one of the accessible rooms, so it had a big balcony, which was nice. But it was not an angled balcony, so I cannot compare it to a hump cabin. It also did not have the nicer shower.

We are booking a 2nd trip, and we have no intention of trying to get an accessible room again though.

So what would you take: Regular AQ room, or a Hump CC room? The hump room would be at the AFT, the very last room on the side, with the balcony facing the Port side.

We liked BLU, but we also liked having a bigger balcony.

The free water, flowers, and persian gardens were nice, but not exactly enough for us to pay the extra $160. Basically, it would be BLU vs the Hump :)

Hi CC's.

Hoping you could weigh in on a question I have. In May, we were in an AQ room. We upgraded about 1 month prior to sailing, and they put us in one of the accessible rooms, so it had a big balcony, which was nice. But it was not an angled balcony, so I cannot compare it to a hump cabin. It also did not have the nicer shower.

We are booking a 2nd trip, and we have no intention of trying to get an accessible room again though.

So what would you take: Regular AQ room, or a Hump CC room? The hump room would be at the AFT, the very last room on the side, with the balcony facing the Port side.

We liked BLU, but we also liked having a bigger balcony.

The free water, flowers, and persian gardens were nice, but not exactly enough for us to pay the extra $160. Basically, it would be BLU vs the Hump :)

I'd take the hump. Enjoy :)

Tough choice! We gave up a CC hump for AQ on our upcoming cruise. It was only $54, so we thought it a good chance to try AQ.

We had an extra large aft balcony on the Summit and loved the extra space, but the December cruise only has two sea days, so we won't be on board quite as much to really enjoy the extra space.

Also, look at the deck plans. If you go for AQ try to avoid the midship cabins directly under the pool deck. We'll be aft of midship, so there will be cabins above us. Check the Sticky on Solstice Class cabins.

Totally subjective, but if you didn't love, LOVE Blu, stay with the hump. If you have the extra $160 it could be two+ nights of specialty dining.

Let us know what you chose :)

Sara

sc1270,

I agree with your thoughts. And yes, the rooms we were considering were back under the staterooms, not the pool area.

It will be an eastern carib cruise, so only stopping at 3 ports. So the larger balcony would be nicer. However, it appears the decision has been made for me. It was booked while I was deciding. That is okay, cause I really liked AQ.

Also, I have been looking at pictures of the ship to see the room, and it appears it is directly under the buffet with it's big overhang, so it will get much less sun. So I was starting to lean towards the AQ room anyway.

But if it had been in a good hump spot, I would probably have picked the the CC for $160 less.

For our upcoming Jan cruise on Equinox, we gave up a primo CC midships angled hump for a reg AQ balcony cabin when the AQ price dropped below that of the CC hump--

I knew it was the right choice--DH is still not sure. I think he will agree once we get onboard & he is enjoying BLU.. but the oversized balcony will be missed!!

Fortunately, for the cruise after that on Silho we have both AQ & an angled hump.. but after that trip we will be re-evaluating Celebrity overall!

Archived