Buying a bottle of the hard stuff

pitcairn

I spoke to customer service & the representative encouraged me to order my bar setup AFTER I boarded the ship. She said it would be the same price as pre ordering it through her & might have a better selection. My problem is I have a hard time trusting anything I hear from them anymore. My plan is to order ahead of time, get a confirmation & save my credit card receipt. I hate to feel this way but when it comes to dealing with large organizations I have come to trust no one & double check everything.

I would call them back and hopefully you will get another person. We ordered the bar set-up a week or so before we left and everything was in our cabin when we arrived. Our friends tried to order it on the ship and they were told the cost would be approximately $100 per bottle, based on how many shots in the bottle...ridiculous. Call again and order it before you get on the ship.

The fact that i'm from Scotland makes it harder to get through to NCL to order the drink pre cruise but to pay $100 a bottle, on the ship one can see why some try to sneek there booze aboard I was hoping that staying in a suite you would be able to get a few bottles at a reasonable price through the butler service:mad:

A Sixth,

We were told they wouldn't actually charge our card until the day before sailing, we were a little worried, but it all worked out, it was there...and it's been charged....I think they up the price once you get onboard, 'cause they know they've got you then.....I get bugging my friends to order it, but they kept putting if off....then it was too late on the ship....$100 a bottle, puleeeeeze!!!!!

I'll double check. I guess it'll all be okay.... but no email confirm or anything...

I guess I should have asked a few more questions when I ordered it last friday morning.

Now let's sing!

Rum, Rum, Rum Rum! (pause for effect)

Rum tea buddly

Rum tum pa too

Nee Nee Nee

Ya-oooh!

(famous song)

I don't know if this will help, but we just came home from the Dream, and had purchased two bottles of Tequila in Cozumel. I didn't try to hide them, and had planned on giving them up as we boarded, but when I put the bag through the metal detector, they said nothing. They were the only thing in a bag from the store where we bought them. We just carried them to the room. We didn't drink them because they were gifts, but we could have. You might want to buy a bottle in your first port to see if they let you carry it on. If they don't, you can still take the bottle home with you since they will return it on the last night.

trust me, it will have been $83 spent well....you will be on vacation...we didn't even blink an eye...well worth it and didn't have to bother with smuggling....and you can share with friends in the cabin....

ps...will keep my ears peeled next week for the toast!!! lolol :)

• 1 month later...

I have ordered a bar setup but their selection is a little limited. I purchased Johnny Walker Black & Jose Cuervo. Total cost is $113. When I asked for their list of Tequilla the person said the only 2 choices were Jose Cuervo & Southern Comfort (?) Obviously not a drinker. I have since called back to confirm as no confirmation was sent to me. My order is recorded & was told I will not be billed untill 3 days before sailing.

Just back from the Sun today! A wonderful week. I too was concerned about purchasing Rum on board. I didn't pre-order because I didn't like any of the brands they offered. I was told that I could go to ANY bar on board, give them my room number and purchase a bottle of Captain Morgan's for $55.00 plus gratuity and a $3.00 set-up fee. After trying three different bars I started to panic. I was in an AC Suite so I went back to the room and called the butler. The Butler pulled through and I got my Captain Morgan's. I'm not sure how I would have gotten it without the help of the butler though. I probably would have gone to the Reception Desk. Good luck, it was worth purchasing. Sipping my Captain and Coke fron my back balcony was delightful while watching the sun set.

Archived