Cheap cruise?

RangeRoverCruiser

So me and my wife have been wanting to take our parents on a cruise for the last 2 years, the only thing being we cannot spend too much. Ideally we would want to spend £700 each Including flights flying from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle and Machester. We have been looking for over a month and have had no luck. If anyone knows of any nice cruises that NCL may be selling cheap, even If you know of any other companys (Please don't suggest Thomson as I know how bad they all are).

Cameron

Are all four of you sharing a room? Do you want inside, outside, balcony?

I'm not sure what 700 pounds converts to (I can't even find the symbol on my computer, lol) but I just booked a cruise for 2 on the Norwegian Spirit. 2/27/11 - 7 day out of NewOrleans, Louisiana. Total cost, $1016. 3rd & 4th guests would be a lot less in the same room.

Another thing to take into consideration is your flight to the States. It's probably less expensive to fly to a major city/port. I'm assuming that New York and Miami would be your best bet. New York is cold in the winter with less cruises but Miami has TONS of ships. Also, FtLauderdale is only about 20 miles from Miami. There's also a lot of ships out of there.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

You didn't indicate a preference for where you want to cruise. My daughter was living in Alnwick, England last year and took a cruise on NCL out of Barcelona. The total cost for cruise and airfare for each of them was around $800 USD. They flew out of Newcastle to Barcelona. There were 3 of them in one room. If you are flexible, some of the cheapest deals can be gotten by looking at the last minute deals.

Are all four of you sharing a room? Do you want inside, outside, balcony?

I'm not sure what 700 pounds converts to (I can't even find the symbol on my computer, lol) but I just booked a cruise for 2 on the Norwegian Spirit. 2/27/11 - 7 day out of NewOrleans, Louisiana. Total cost, $1016. 3rd & 4th guests would be a lot less in the same room.

Another thing to take into consideration is your flight to the States. It's probably less expensive to fly to a major city/port. I'm assuming that New York and Miami would be your best bet. New York is cold in the winter with less cruises but Miami has TONS of ships. Also, FtLauderdale is only about 20 miles from Miami. There's also a lot of ships out of there.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

We were going to be having two different rooms or at least see If they had connecting staterooms. We may have to share a room which Isn't too much of a problem.

We were actually going to be going round the Mediterranean or Canaries for their first cruise as It's a lot cheaper to get to from Scotland. I also just looked up on Google what £700 was In USD and It equates to $1096.76. We will just have to see. We may just book them onto the Epic with us In October next year, might bemore sensible.

Thanks, I will sure to keep you posted .

Cameron :)

Check to see if the time after Thanksgiving and before Christmas are any cheaper for where you would like to go. I know that if you are going to the Caribbean from Miami there is a huge difference. Unfortunately since I work for the school district I can only sail at the Christmas break time. The weeks previous to that are so much cheaper. :(

So me and my wife have been wanting to take our parents on a cruise for the last 2 years, the only thing being we cannot spend too much. Ideally we would want to spend £700 each Including flights flying from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle and Machester. We have been looking for over a month and have had no luck. If anyone knows of any nice cruises that NCL may be selling cheap, even If you know of any other companys (Please don't suggest Thomson as I know how bad they all are).

Cameron

Have you looked at the cruising pages on teletext holidays P270 gives menu. Best pages for Med are 227/246/ 298

What month are you looking at? Let me know and will see what's around. Best to DIY and get out a day before cruise, saves lots!

Archived