Montago Bay

NikKasey

Yes. In my opinion it is just as bad, maybe worse.

Last time we were there, we booked a beach day, including lunch and drinks, at a restricted, actually guarded, beach club. Otherwise, we did not venture out.

Jamaica is a mess right now, well on it's way to being more like Haiti. IMO

Jamaica is a good place to stay on the boat or only take ship or well known private tours. After a number of stops there over the years, including Montego Bay, it's really has become one of our least favorite places mostly because of the aggressive nature of some of the locals. That's a shame because it is a beautiful island and if you get away from the main population center the people are warm and friendly but I'd never, ever go out on my own and just wander around. Whether or not it really is unsafe is irrelevant, it feels unsafe and that's enough.

Yes. In my opinion it is just as bad, maybe worse.

Last time we were there, we booked a beach day, including lunch and drinks, at a restricted, actually guarded, beach club. Otherwise, we did not venture out.

Jamaica is a mess right now, well on it's way to being more like Haiti. IMO

Cartagena, Columbia is another scary port of call!:eek: Armed soldiers are everywhere, including lining the roadway to a stop on a HAL shore ex! A vendor, with an assortment of his "products" for sale even came onto our bus, while it was stopped waiting for other passengers on the shore ex to board!:eek:

Unless you plan an excursion to an all-inclusive resort, stay on the ship and enjoy a nice peaceful day. Even ship excursions in Jamaica do not avoid the unpleasantness of the island. As many people have said, it's a shame that this harrassment of tourists is allowed at the ports as the island is really beautiful.

Archived