Interior Sold Out - Does that improve the Upsell Chances?

RMM34667

I am in an Interior 4E Cabin on 11/14 Legend. I have been looking every day to see if there were any deals on Balcony since I'd love to upgrade. Current interior is almost directly across from parents balcony so I've been looking in that area and there seems to be nothing there.

But today when I went through the booking system is lists the Interior Cabins as sold out. Would that improve the chance of an upsell call?

I ask because I've read it is easier to sell a cheaper cabin. Just wondering. For a good price I'd give up the close proximity to them.

But today when I went through the booking system is lists the Interior Cabins as sold out. Would that improve the chance of an upsell call?.

Have prices on other categories gone up since you booked?

You may get an upsell call if there are many cabins left on a higher category and prices are trending down, but the fact that categories are sold out with a few weeks to go probably means that your sailing is probably selling well.

Keep us posted!

IMHO you are overthinking this.

We let our pvp know we would welcome an upsell call and twice in 15 cruises we got one. Many other epxerienced cruisers have never gotten the call. Accepted an aft wrap and turned down an ocean suite.

If you want the balcony ask for the price and decide if you want to pay for it. Otherwiswe justs a crap game with poor odds.

We are sailing the week before you and are hoping for the same thing. We have an obstructed view french door room. All of the interiors are sold out. I let my PVP know we are interested in upgrading is possible for cheap enough. Right now balcony rooms are like over $300 more (per peson).

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but read on an another upsell thread yesterday where the poster stated they called and let their PVP know they would be interested in a call - and they got one. Worth a shot I think.

Archived