Restaurants Downtown FLL

loves2cruz

It's not on 17th St, but Aruba at Commercial and the beach is one of my favorites. It's open right to the beach so you can watch the sun set as you enjoy Caribbean fare and cocktails.

You can take a cab or ride the bus to to get there.

Another place is Mangos on Las Olas, they have a good menu and live music on the weekends.

I assume you are looking for a restaurant around 17th St because of the other restaurants that you mentioned. Kelly's Landing is on Cordova Rd at 17th St. It is casual and their lobster is very popular. Quarterdeck and Duffy's are very casual but are local chains.

I second Kellys Landing. Think small Cape Cod dining room serving great fish and seafood New England - Boston style. Great fried clams, lobster, clam chowder, fresh fish, etc. Southport Raw Bar next door serving decent seafood, bar food, with fun pub atmosphere - small outdoor deck as well. Enjoy!

Mangoes on Las Olas blvd. Just about 5 mins from the beach. The most amazing seafood fettuciine I have ever had.:D Relaxed and casual dining. Live music on weekends. www.mangosonlasolas.com

Wish I was there right now :(

I also like Mangos. Many happy memories there. After we got our marriage license at city hall, we ate lunch at Mangos.

It's not on 17th St, but Aruba at Commercial and the beach is one of my favorites. It's open right to the beach so you can watch the sun set as you enjoy Caribbean fare and cocktails.

i love lauderdale by the sea, i like aruba on the beach, but i have some concern about " watch..the sun set ":confused: .........sunrise to the east maybe ;), but the view to west just is not there ! .......now siesta key in sarasota or anna maria in manatee are real sunsets over the water !:)

i love lauderdale by the sea, i like aruba on the beach, but i have some concern about " watch..the sun set ":confused: .........sunrise to the east maybe ;), but the view to west just is not there ! .......now siesta key in sarasota or anna maria in manatee are real sunsets over the water !:)

Coconuts is on a marina by the east side of the intracoastal so it has a sunset view, but it is nothing like what you get on the gulf coast.

Well, the sun sets, and the sky still gets pretty and the ocean is divine.

True, you won't actually see the globe disappear behind the horizon...

I grew up in California and I lived in Florida for 15 years, I still get confused!

Happy hubby wouyld recommend Quarterdeck on Cordova Road. It's a local establishment- there are about 8 or 9 in the greater Lauderfale area. Good food. good drink, and very local lauderdale- happy hubby grew up there and can't count the number of times he's been in there (he even had a reserved parking space for a bit).

BTW- they often have gift certificates available for discount @ restaurant.com.

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Kelly's Landing and loved it. The ipswich clams are unbelievably good. Great oysters, scallops and chowder. Couldn't ask for more. Oh, the check was very reasonable and the wait staff were very friendly. A+ Next time in that area we'll surely go back.

Archived