Upsell call! What to do....

mrak

We are on the Valor for 7 days in a 4H inside cabin on Deck 10. I got an email today offering is an upgrade to an OV on deck 2 for $70 total. While the oceanview is attractive, the location is not. We really liked the idea of being so close to the pool deck etc.

When you add the $70 to what we paid, it is a savings of $200 before taxes compared to the lowest current fair being offered for an OV.

What would you do???

I would have to agree, you like the location of your cabin now, the ov is nice to have but the location sucks ( compared to where you are ) If it were a balcony offer i would jump on it!!! Call back and ask what they would charge to "upsell" you to a balcony :D

You are all echoing my sentiments. I am happy with the current cabin locale and don't want to be down in the bowels. I think I will call and see what a balcony might cost. Now THAT is something I would compromise location for :)

Thanks for the input.

On our last cruise we got the upsell call and were able to get the 12 level. OMGoodness it was great...early boarding etc...But when asking if there were other cabins etc...they told me that this is a "block" of cabins they were doing so there werent any others.

Just keep what you have, the ov isn't worth the extra money.;)

Depends on your point of view. Consider that the OV on the Valor is 220 sq ft vs the 185 sq ft inside cabin. Also, consider that if the ship encounters rough seas, the cabin lower on the ship will have much less motion. Dunno how much it means to some relative to when it is daylight and when it is dark, but it means a lot to me! To each his own.

I didn't realize that the OV was bigger on the Valor. That certainly makes the decision a little harder. I just saw an image of the room and it looks quite a bit more spacious than the inside. I typically dont mind a lower deck, but when we got the upgrade to the panorama deck, it seemed like it would be really cool to walk down a short hallway onto the pool deck. Now I am torn again.

Its a tough call, but the lower you are the more waiting for elevators and walking you are going to have to do. I have never been on the Valor, but on the FAntasy Class, the ships are small, so I would probably choose OV rather then Inside because regardless of where you are, you arent walking far. We usually book port hole rooms which are located up front, so we get the light with the IS cost when we can because

I do like the light and I dont like waiting for elevators, so I use the stairs a lot. I dont think I would pay more to have to walk further for everything all the time just for some light. What happened to looking into how much more a balcony would be?

Archived