Train service Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale?

dixieagle

Has anyone taken the train (TriRail) from the Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale? We'll be arriving in Miami late Friday morning the day of our cruise (Westerdam, 3/4/11.) Shuttles and cabs sound expensive; is the TriRail a good option? We'd then just take a cab from the Fort Lauderdale station (airport?) to Port Everglades.

Any info is much appreciated!

I took Tri-Rail from MIA to the pier in Fort Lauderdal last April and it worked out very well. I took the free shuttle to Fort Lauderdale Airport and then got to the pier from there.

I know you have to take a shuttle bus a short way from the Miami airport to get to the Tri-Rail station, but I'm wondering where the train station is in relation to the airport in Fort Lauderdale. I figured we'd take a cab from the airport to the pier.

Im thinking of doing the same.Is the tri-rail safe at night? safe with kids-boys 16,10? can you take luggage. It looks to me- you catch the free shuttle at miami airport to the rail- and it is direct with some stops- we dont have to change rails- and it takes you to fort lauderdale airport- then you take a taxi to the port?:rolleyes:

The train station in Ft. Lauderdale is very close to the airport. Here is some info:

http://www.tri-rail.com/rider_info/station_location.htm#Fort Lauderdale AIRPORT

Parking and cab service available

Thanks so much for the link; very helpful. Our flight arrives about 9:30 am, so, if it's on time, we should have enough time to figure everything out.

Archived