Rome in limo - if we want to have others join us in a van

Emma1

:oWe are a family of 5 and will be on the 7/9/11 Disney Med cruise and plan to use Rome in Limo for 3 ports (Rome, Naples and Florence). A car for 5 is 550 euro but a van for 8 is 600 euro. Not having done this before, have a few questions.

-Does Rome in limo offer discounts if we book multiple tours with them?

-How do we get others to join us?

-What happens if we order the van and the other party backs out on us - with people we don't know we have no quarantee. I assume it will be my credit card going to Rome in limo to hold the van.

-It seems safer, though more expensive, to go with just a car.

What can you all recommend for those that have done this.

We used RIL for all 4 days in Rome, and they were exceptional. You will see more than you can even imagine! They make the most out of the short amount of time you have, and with a car (instead of a bus) they are able to get you very close to all of the sites.

You can send an email to Jany and ask all of those questions and she will answer them directly and promptly.

Have you posted on your Roll Call? That is the best way to find others to join you.

Even if you don't get others to join your family of 5, the price difference of 50 Euros (for 8), is not a big deal.

There is always a risk that others could back out at the last minute. It is a chance everyone takes when sharing tours with strangers.

You won't regret any tour with RIL. They treat you like royalty.

Enjoy your visit to Italy. It is amazing. We are going back in July and will use RIL for our visit to the Tuscany region.

:oWe are a family of 5 and will be on the 7/9/11 Disney Med cruise and plan to use Rome in Limo for 3 ports (Rome, Naples and Florence). A car for 5 is 550 euro but a van for 8 is 600 euro. Not having done this before, have a few questions.

-Does Rome in limo offer discounts if we book multiple tours with them? Yes

-How do we get others to join us? As suggested, your roll call is the place to do that.

-What happens if we order the van and the other party backs out on us - with people we don't know we have no quarantee. I assume it will be my credit card going to Rome in limo to hold the van. You will use a credit card to hold the reservation, but R-I-L only accepts Euro travelers checks or Euro cash for payment. But, to the point of your question, you will be on the hook for the cost.

-It seems safer, though more expensive, to go with just a car. Yes, but for 5 you will get a van. None of the cars we saw will comfortably handle 5. I would definitely check with Jany.

You will love Rome in Limo. There is no better way to tour in Italy, and you will definitely get the biggest bang for your Euro.

No question if you fill your van it is cheaper. We used rollcalls to solicit interested people to round out a party from 11 to 15 for two vans. The best deal would be to find another family but 3 more may be an odd enough number, who knows.

As to discount, ask Jany and she will give you one. You'd think it would be bigger spending 1500+ euros, but any discount is good.

Becareful in selecting your tour share. I was very clear on sharing our interests, priorities etc. and was clear that plans could change depending on many factors. You want to make sure that the party you select understand what you'll be doing and that you'll be in charge ;)

BTW a van is so much more spacious, you'll in it for many hours that you might actually like it all to yourself!

-Does Rome in limo offer discounts if we book multiple tours with them?

-How do we get others to join us?

-What happens if we order the van and the other party backs out on us - with people we don't know we have no quarantee. I assume it will be my credit card going to Rome in limo to hold the van.

-It seems safer, though more expensive, to go with just a car.

On our cruise last fall I organized nine private tours. The few people who backed out paid their share. If you go to the roll call for my upcoming cruise you will find my email. I would be glad to send you the letter I sent to everyone sharing a tour.

Archived