Has anyone done car rental the day before?

Stevie44875

Has anyone rented a car the day before your cruise and taken it back on the same day? We booked a hotel that has free airport shuttle and port shuttle. But i'm wondering if we drop our car at the miami airport can we pick up our hotel shuttle still?

I have a car rented for one day, and am taking it back the next day (pickup at FLL, drop off at MIA). I asked, and was told by the pickup and drop off agency that the car could be dropped off the same day or next, as it will already be paid for. I'm picking it around 12 noon on a Saturday, and dropping off by 12 noon that Sunday, but may drop it off Saturday night before the last shuttles stop running for my hotel. This will let me sleep in later on that morning, or just to relax before heading to the ship. So, the best thing to do is to call and check with both the pickup and drop off location.

I've rented a car for just a few hours before and dropped it back off. I was flying in for a meeting and just stayed a few hours. No issues. You can expect to pay the one day charge.

I would not see any issues to drop it back off at the airport then catch the shuttle!!

ETA- we have one booked when we return- pick up from Mia drop off in WPB- we will probably have it for 2 hours!!

We flew in the day before and rented a car. We stayed by MIA but drove down to Bayside Marketplace and had dinner. In the morning we drove the bags down to the ship at about 10:00 then went back to pick up everyone else. We then returned the car and took the rental car shuttle to the cruise terminal. It worked pretty well overall.

I'm flying into FLL and sailing out of Port Everglades on Princess. I want to rent a car the day before the cruise. I'm looking for a car rental place that has a shuttle from the airport to Port Everglades. I know Alamo provides that, but does anyone know if the other car rental companies offer that service? Any suggestions for alternatives to renting/returning a car to the airport and then finding a shuttle to Port Everglades from there? How much would it cost if I have to pay for a shuttle or taxi from the car rental place or the airport to Port Everglades?

Thanks!

All you could ever want to know:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/ToPortEverglades.aspx

There are three transportation options: shared ride, luxury sedan, and taxi cab.

1. Shared Ride - Shared "van" rides offered through GO Airport Shuttle cost $11 per person to Port Everglades. A van will hold a maximum of ten passengers.

2. Luxury Sedan - GO Airport Shuttle also offer exclusive car rides to Port Everglades for $40 (for up to four people).

Contact - For more information, visit GO Airport Shuttle or call 800-244-8252/ 954-561-8888.

3. Taxi Cab - Taxi cabs are also available at $12 (estimated) based on the meter reading. Cabs accept up to five people for the fare stated on the taxi’s meter.

Some taxi cabs accept credit cards. If you prefer to pay for a taxi cab with a credit card, make sure you tell this to the dispatcher at the transportation podium. They will request a cab that is equipped with a credit card acceptance machine.

Contact - Call Yellow Cab at 954-777-7777 for more information.

Check-In at Transportation Podiums

Check-in for the shared ride, luxury sedan, and taxi cab are at the Transportation Podiums. The podiums are located outside the baggage area in each terminal on the lower level by the curb.

Fees

Fees listed above are subject to change so call for the latest prices or check the rate comparison chart. The rate charts are posted on the podiums and on the walls near terminal exits in the baggage claim areas.

Operational Hours

The taxi cabs operate 24/7.

GO Airport Shuttle are available for all incoming flights. If you need their service more than a few hours after the last fight arrives, contact them by phone.

Waiting Times

Maximum wait is 30 minutes for the shared van ride. Most vans leave within 10 minutes. Luxury sedan service and taxi cabs are generally available immediately.

Travel Time

Travel time from FLL to Port Everglades is about 10 minutes, but may vary depending on traffic. We suggest allowing a minimum of 45 minutes between your flight arrival time and scheduled check-in time at Port Everglades.

I'm flying into FLL and sailing out of Port Everglades on Princess. I want to rent a car the day before the cruise. I'm looking for a car rental place that has a shuttle from the airport to Port Everglades. I know Alamo provides that, but does anyone know if the other car rental companies offer that service? Any suggestions for alternatives to renting/returning a car to the airport and then finding a shuttle to Port Everglades from there? How much would it cost if I have to pay for a shuttle or taxi from the car rental place or the airport to Port Everglades?

Thanks!

We rented from Thrifty, returning the car to their Miami Road office (right at the entrance to the port), from which we then took their free shuttle to the port. Worked very well.

Yeh we are actually doing this...

We arrive miami 7pm, pickup car at airport from budget, then drive up to FLL for a nights stay...Drop the car of at the port next day as budget are located there and they will also shuttle us over if need be...

On the way back after our cruise, we pick the car up at the port around 9am ish and as our flight isnt until 5pm that day from miami, we will bum about in the car here and there for a bit and drop it of the airport again...

You just get charged for a days hire no matter if its only for a few hours, which is fair enough as we found it very reasonable...

Archived