Question about Cruise Documents

celticlady

As I am reading through cruise personalizer I see a statement referring to what documents are needed when boarding. Besides your passport it says be sure to bring your "cruise documents, passage contract, medical insurance cards and and travel insurance policy". What is the term "cruise documents" referring to? Also, do I just download a copy of the passage contract? Thanks in advance for any information. I just don't want to get there and realize that I have forgotten some piece of critical documentation. :eek:

As I am reading through cruise personalizer I see a statement referring to what documents are needed when boarding. Besides your passport it says be sure to bring your "cruise documents, passage contract, medical insurance cards and and travel insurance policy". What is the term "cruise documents" referring to? Also, do I just download a copy of the passage contract? Thanks in advance for any information. I just don't want to get there and realize that I have forgotten some piece of critical documentation. :eek:

We are about to sail with Princess for the 30th time and have never had to show our insurance policy but you do need to fill in the details in cruise personaliser. You can print off your cruise etkt online and you need to show that along with your passport when you embark. You can print that after the cruise is paid in full. I don't know if you are in the UK. It could be different for the US but I wouldn't have thought so.

All of the "cruise documents" will be on the website, along with the "passage contract". I usually just print out the first couple of pages of the cruise documents -- the parts that have my name/address on them, verification that I've paid for the cruise, what cabin I've been assigned. The rest of the document is legal jargon -- important for you to read before you go, but not necessary to take with you! Same for the "passage contract" -- a lot of legal disclaimers, but not necessary to take with you.

The travel insurance is the same thing -- generally there will be pages and pages of legalese...but what you really will need is the name of the company, the policy numbers and identification, emergency phone numbers, the name of an agent (if available)...and often the company will send you (or you can download) a card with all that on it. And leave the rest at home.

If you've booked through a travel agent, it's good to have her/his information too -- name, address, how to contact in an emergency, email, fax number...in case you have any problems, they're the ones that can help sort it out.

We carry:

Passport (and/or Certified copy of Birth Certificate)

Gov't Issued ID (driver's license, ID issued by DMV)

Cruise Documents (showing paid in full, with name, cabin assignment, etc)

List with name phone of: Travel Agent, RCI pre-cruise number, RCI Corp Customer Service number.

Travel Insurance papers: Sheet with name of company, phone #, etc.

Any pertinent e-mail containing info on OBC, etc.

Parent Consent Form (if minor without parent is going or in case of divorced parent traveling with minor).

Archived