Need quick advice from Serenade southern Professionals

Cruzntime

Okay Cruise Critic experts, I need your advice. The Serenade sails from San Juan to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, and St. Croix. For viewing the islands during departure is it better to have port or starboard cabins? Also, are any of the JS cabins better than other JS due to location? If so, why?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Okay Cruise Critic experts, I need your advice. The Serenade sails from San Juan to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, and St. Croix. For viewing the islands during departure is it better to have port or starboard cabins? Also, are any of the JS cabins better than other JS due to location? If so, why?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

St. Croix - either is fine, as the ship docks perpendicular to the coast.

Barbados - roll of the dice as it depends on whether the ship pulls in or backs into port

St. Marteen - I think either is ok - similar to St. Croix

can't comment on Antigua

Thanks Adonisr for the reply. I know what you mean by it being a luck of the draw on whether they pull into port or back into port. Sometimes knowing the captain's preference helps but even this is no guarantee.

However, which port is better when sailing from these ports? I like to set on the veranda and view the islands as we sail for the next port of call.

I am assuming that you are interested in what happens after you have pulled away from the dock.

The ship will sail from San Juan to Barbados and then north from there.

It will sail on the Caribbean side of the islands from Barbados back to San Juan.

So it would make sense that if you want to watch the islands sail by after departing you will want a cabin on the starboard side.

I can only judge this from my experience sailing in the opposite direction (North to South) on Serenade and watching the Pitons go by on the port side.

Check the maps and see if this seems right to you.

This will also work when departing from San Juan; you will pass El Morro on the starboard side. But returning oh well you can't have it both ways. Me I would rather pass it in the dark.

Archived