Liberty - Western Mediterranean 2011

annimal

Hi, I'm going to be on Liberty of the Seas in the Western Mediterranean for a 7 night sailing in May 2011. The ship will be doing some 4 and 5 night itineraries after it moves to Europe, but I'll be on the first 7 night sailing. Based on the current itinerary, we only have 1 sea day which is the last night on the ship before returning to Barcelona. Does anyone have any ideas when the formal and informal nights will be? I know formal nights are usually held on sea days, but could it actually be scheduled for the night before disembarkment when we have to put our luggage out for collection that evening? The specific itinerary is:

Barcelona, Spain: Depart at 5:00pm

Provence (Toulon), France: Arrive at 7:00am, Depart at 5:00pm (docked)

Villefrance (Nice), France: Arrive at 7:00am, Depart at 7:00pm (tendered)

Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy: Arrive at 7:00am, Depart at 7:00pm (docked)

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy: Arrive at 7:00am, Depart at 7:00pm (docked)

Naples, Capri, Italy: Arrive at 7:00am, Depart at 7:00pm (docked)

Cruising (sea day)

Barcelona, Spain: Arrive at 6:00am

Also, should I be concerned with how coordinated the ship's crew, program, etc. will run if this is LOTS first full 7 night run in the Western Mediterranean? I just figured they would work from experience with other RCCL ships that have sailed the area.

The first night will definitely be casual. Not all luggage has arrived yet and they are very casual the first night. You can eat in the Dining Room and they are generally a little more lax about the suggested dress code.

FN is not always on a sea day. On Oasis in May, our first FN was the second night, after a port day. We departed at 2 pm so there was actually lots of time to get ready. But your itinerary is incredibly port-heavy; I don't think there is a choice - you will most likely have 2 FN in a 7 night cruise, and they will probably both be on port days. FN is usually not the last night, but I know some here have reported that this was the case. I think you have until 10 or 11 pm to put your luggage in the hall.

Basically: I don't know. :p Sorry. But I did want you to know that FN can be on a port day.

Have a fun Med cruise! Liberty is a great ship.

We will also be on this cruise Aug 27th..My thinking is FN will be nights 2 & 6..Not really concerned since FN's are not my priority on this port intensive cruise..One of the reasons we booked was the itinerary and the fact that it would be the Liberty..hard to beat a Freedom class ship, especially in Europe...I don't think there will be any problems with the crew making a transition..their experience will set the tone...Enjoy this amazing adventure, I know we will !!!

For anyone who will be on the 4 & 5 night Western Mediterranean sailings on LOTS in May 2011, would you please post an update on these first initial sailings? (I know it's months down the road, but if you happen to remember.... thanks!)

Archived