Christmas on the Mariner

chrisaf

Thinking about planning a Christmas cruise on the Mariner to Mexico. Does anyone have any experience taking this cruise in December? How is the weather and would it be warm enough to enjoy the pool on sea days? I'm from California so I know the weather can be cooler here in December but not sure how warm it gets after you go south. I've been on the Mariner before so I'm familiar with the ship and know that we would enjoy it, but I wasn't sure about how the weather would be in the Mexican ports at that time of year. Thanks for any input...

I was on this itin. in early Dec. once and it was cool the first and last days at sea but warm in between. It was warm in ports. I don't recall using the pool but I recall wearing jackets on deck the cool days.

You mean this xmas, right? It won't be there next year, which you probably know but just in case.

I was on this itin. in early Dec. once and it was cool the first and last days at sea but warm in between. It was warm in ports. I don't recall using the pool but I recall wearing jackets on deck the cool days.

You mean this xmas, right? It won't be there next year, which you probably know but just in case.

Yes - this Christmas.........Thanks for the reply - I appreciate the info.

The ship is great fun during the holidays. As previously stated the first and last seaday will be cool and probably will not be pool days.

Another nice thing is that you may encounter whales. We have seen whales from the ship several times.

If kids are going they also have a visit from Santa on Christmas day.

When do they decorate, anyone know? We'll be on the 12/12-12/19. Which by the way is much cheaper than the actual xmas one. Though I think a xmas one would be very cool.
The ship will definately be decorated for your cruise. The photos above were taken on the December 6, 2009 sailing. Have fun. The Mariner is a beautiful ship.

When do they decorate, anyone know? We'll be on the 12/12-12/19. Which by the way is much cheaper than the actual xmas one. Though I think a xmas one would be very cool.

Mary,

We are on the same cruise. You want to drop by our roll call forum and join us at the M&M? We have a large group and Judy has posted many of these holiday related pictures on the roll call already.

Typically the ship is decorated right after Thanksgiving, so there will be many Christmas related decorations on our cruise.

Thinking about planning a Christmas cruise on the Mariner to Mexico. Does anyone have any experience taking this cruise in December? How is the weather and would it be warm enough to enjoy the pool on sea days? I'm from California so I know the weather can be cooler here in December but not sure how warm it gets after you go south. I've been on the Mariner before so I'm familiar with the ship and know that we would enjoy it, but I wasn't sure about how the weather would be in the Mexican ports at that time of year. Thanks for any input...

Predicting weather is somewhat like investing in the stock market - past performance is no guarantee of future results.

That being said, looking at the various web sites, you will see Cabo is typically in the high 70’s/low 80’s in December. PV and MZ should be in the low to mid 80s’. As others have said, on the way to/from Mexico will be cool/cold.

One final note about the CA weather – I heard on the radio that they are projecting a La Nina weather pattern in the west coast this year, meaning it will be colder and wetter than average this winter, so that may impact the temperature come December.

harryfat- Thanks. I've posted in the roll call. I won't be joining in many if any CC activities. Between my 10 y/o kid and my infirm dad, any time I can get away from them both I think I'm going somewhere to be totally alone! But I'll keep your schedule handy in case that changes. Thanks!

Archived