The Maasdam

bobmagg

We recently sailed the October 9 Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 13-day repositioning cruise on the Maasdam. This is not a full review, but I do want to say that the Maasdam is still in good shape and the crew could not be more hospitable or efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.

I made a short movie (5 minutes) just about the ship and its beauty (not our family). It should interest those who have sailed the Maasdam, and perhaps those who are curious about choosing that ship.

You may view at: http://gallery.me.com/bobmagg1#100614

Bob

Every time I see a video made by a passenger I am continually amazed with both the content and professionalism displayed. Excellent work! It puts my still shots to shame. I believe that I'll try my hand at a video on our upcoming cruise. I hope it turns out even half as well as yours did!

Bon Voyage! :)

We recently sailed the October 9 Montreal to Fort Lauderdale 13-day repositioning cruise on the Maasdam. This is not a full review, but I do want to say that the Maasdam is still in good shape and the crew could not be more hospitable or efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.

I made a short movie (5 minutes) just about the ship and its beauty (not our family). It should interest those who have sailed the Maasdam, and perhaps those who are curious about choosing that ship.

Bob

Bob, this was awesome!!! The Maasdam looks so lovely and inviting!! And I could tell that you loved the ship:)

Sounded like Misty was impressed with the Art Work on board:)

I have a request please.... May I download and use the video for the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Pages for the Video section of the Maasdam??? This video shows so much more than what words alone can describe.

Joanie

Yes, you may use it. I am flattered!

Bob

Thank You so much Bob!!!!! I have the video up and running here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Maasdam/videos/ at this moment. And as soon as I have the web pages updated it will be uploaded here as well: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/videos/

It is I who is honored that you are allowing me to use this great video!!

Joanie

A little nit-pick:

Great video, but isn't it 4 laps per mile on the smaller HAL ships? I am pretty sure that the Vista class ships are 3 laps per mile.

igraf

Bob

Bob

Thank you for your wonderful production on the Maasdam. She was our HAL first ship and you took MDR photos right from where our little table for two was on the top railing that made us fall in love with her so much too. Brought tears to my eyes and a reminder why HAL became our first, last and always main line cruise choice. So excited to be on her sister ship Statendam in just a few more weeks which still has the traditional layout just like the Maasdam. Thank you for taking the time to put this together and sharing it here.

You might bring back more memories by viewing my trailer:

http://gallery.me.com/bobmagg1#100602

Bob

Gorgeous family and no better visual description of what "smart casual" dress looks when celebrating time spent this wonderful ship. Looks like everyone was having a very happy time together. HAL should use your family photos as their best possible marketing campaign.

A little nit-pick:

Great video, but isn't it 4 laps per mile on the smaller HAL ships? I am pretty sure that the Vista class ships are 3 laps per mile.

igraf

You are absolutely right and I realized that after finishing the movie, but I was too lazy to correct.

Bob

I am getting such favorable responses I am going one step further.

The cruise we took on the Maasdam featured the Maritime Provinces of Canada and Bar Harbor, Maine.

I also made a movie of the entire cruise (18 minutes long -- the movie, not the cruise). You are welcome to view it, although it was designed for my family and could be boring to those who do not know us. It does have many clips from each port stop which could be of interest to those contemplating that itinerary, or want to relive the memories if you've been there.

Anyway, should anyone wish to see, here is the link:

http://gallery.me.com/bobmagg1#100596

Bob

I am getting such favorable responses I am going one step further.

The cruise we took on the Maasdam featured the Maritime Provinces of Canada and Bar Harbor, Maine.

I also made a movie of the entire cruise (18 minutes long -- the movie, not the cruise). You are welcome to view it, although it was designed for my family and could be boring to those who do not know us. It does have many clips from each port stop which could be of interest to those contemplating that itinerary, or want to relive the memories if you've been there.

Anyway, should anyone wish to see, here is the link:

http://gallery.me.com/bobmagg1#100596

Bob

Bob, thank you so much for sharing this video with us. I loved every second of it, to include Martha Stewart being "over the hill" LOL And some of the history that could be heard. What caused the fire in 1947 that wiped out all but 3 houses??

And, most of all, for showing people that the MCD (Master Chef's Dinner) can be an enjoyable event!! I Love it each and every cruise.

Awesome videos!!

Joanie

I will check out your video but I am glad the Maasdam is in great shape. I was on in 3 years ago on a New England/Canada cruise and I thought it was a very cool ship. Yeah, it's old but the crew and just the feeling on it made the ship perhaps my favorite one (I have been on the Volendam, Oosterdam, Eurodam and Zuiderdam). Glad to hear she is still sailing strong.

We sailed on the Maasdam in March/April 2010 through the Panama Canal (twice - 28 day Collector). We really enjoyed our time on her, and your video brought back many happy memories.

I recognize a lot of the crewmembers, and we were thrilled to see your MDR stewards, Candra and Putu, were still working together as a team. We had them serve us on our Maasdam trip, and found them to be intelligent, kind, funny, and efficient. HAL can be very proud of them - they are the kind of stewards that give HAL such a good name. We hope you enjoyed them as much as we did.

Your movies give the right balance of facts, impressions, and humor and your choice of music enhances them tremendously. The music choice is what I have problems adding when I make my movies, so I was quite impressed with how well they matched the mood.

Well done, and thank you for sharing. As they say - a picture is worth a thousand words - and your movies have spoken volumes. They remind those of us who have sailed the Maasdam of what a great ship she is, and they invite other passengers to give her a try.

We can't wait for our next HAL cruise - the Rotterdam in March 2011. We hope she gives us as enjoyable a vacation as the Maasdam did, and we hope to be able to find (or make) a movie of her that displays the wonderful ambiance that is of the same caliber as yours did. Thanks again, and may you enjoy your next cruise as much as this one. :)

Archived