Paying online

gman0119

Has anyone else had trouble with paying on Carnival.com when you are logged in? We have tried to pay 4 different times, when we hit submit, the page refreshes, but it never has gone through. We have had to call to see if it went through, and it never has.

Not a problem, we are just calling for the payments now, but just interested to see if it is Carnival is still having internet trouble.

This happened to me last year. I booked my mom's cruise directly through Carnival via phone, then tried to make a payment online. I called Carnival when I got errors, and the rep told me that I couldn't make online payments if I booked via phone. :eek:

She told me the only way to make online payments is if I booked the cruise online. Crazy!

This happened to me last year. I booked my mom's cruise directly through Carnival via phone, then tried to make a payment online. I called Carnival when I got errors, and the rep told me that I couldn't make online payments if I booked via phone. :eek:

She told me the only way to make online payments is if I booked the cruise online. Crazy!

That's not true though. I just booked a cruise by phone a couple months ago and have paid it off online without a hitch. Last payment online was about 2 weeks ago.

That's not true though. I just booked a cruise by phone a couple months ago and have paid it off online without a hitch. Last payment online was about 2 weeks ago.

Hmmm, we booked ours about 2 months ago, and it hasn't gotten a single one to go through. I tried it on my work computer and home computer, so I'm not sure what is going on. We reserved also through a PVP. When I've told the phone operators that I tried to pay online and asked them to check to see if it went through, they didn't act surprised to hear that, so maybe they are having some sporadic troubles.

Probably a situation that makes as much sense as who gets the upgrade fairy!!!! LOL:D

Yeah, I thought it was weird that they wouldn't accept a payment online, but it was no big deal to do it by phone so I didn't question it. So either the rep had no clue, or Carnival got their system up and running within the last year. (I'm leaning towards the former explanation. ;))

I think their web site is screwy...I had sailed twice with them and when I tried to book online this week for the 4th cruise I could not process on line...the rep said they didn't have my phone number??? Since I had booked cruise # 3- 6 months ago and all the info was there then, then what happened to my phone number?

This is just a thought...when i made my payments online I used the same card I had used to book the cruise on the phone and my payments went through just fine. I wonder what would have happened if I had tried to use a different card from the one I used to book the cruise?

Tried again online to see, and when I hit the payment button, and page refreshed, I saw a little bitty line in red at the top saying "Invalid Special Occasion Date".

Called, and found out that I had ordered an Anniversary Package, but didn't specify a date for it, so that is why it wouldn't let me pay online!

Problem solved!!!

Amazing what can throw a computer off!!!

Tried again online to see, and when I hit the payment button, and page refreshed, I saw a little bitty line in red at the top saying "Invalid Special Occasion Date".

Called, and found out that I had ordered an Anniversary Package, but didn't specify a date for it, so that is why it wouldn't let me pay online!

Problem solved!!!

Amazing what can throw a computer off!!!

AH! Good to know! Glad you got it worked out.

Archived