help from CC members here..trying to decide.. to order wine pkg or not?

a question for my cruiser friends here...Im not sure if I should order a wine pkg on my upcoming 5 night

Radiance cruise?..on average my bf and I will have 4 glasses of wine each night ...and we will also probably order a few cocktails and/or a beer each night as well..whats the best cost effect advise on a wine pkg?....thanks so much... this site is sooo helpful for all my planning to have the best cruise possible!!

Wine is way overpriced. If you're happy with other offerings, stick to them...more "bang" for your buck. 4 glasses is about 1 bottle of wine..if you think you'll be drinking alot more than that, order the package...if not, just order when and if you decide to drink wine.

Do you like the wines on the list? If so, compare them to the by the bottle price (you can find a comparison if you look for a thread called "wine package analysis"). If a wine you like is cheaper by the package, then buy a small one. You can get bottles in the main dining room and other restaurants, and we've always been able to get a bottle "to go" so we can have wine in our cabin, too.

If you don't like the wines on the list and would rather buy something off the full list (which you can see by following the link in my signature), then don't buy the package.:)

I think it depends on the kind of wine drinker you are. If you like something drinkable but don't require anything terribly complex on most days, go for the package--it will save money over buying the bottles off the menu without the package.

On the other hand, if you want the full selection and are hoping for something a bit more special than Two-buck Chuck, don't get the package. RC has a pretty good wine list--it's not huge, but there is a good variety and a good range to fit what you might want to spend.

I think the wine lists are available on line--we bought bottles on the packages at home before our first cruise, then decided not to get the package.

As for the expense on the wine list--it's a bit more than you might find on a land restaurant, but not much. My one complaint is that by the time the reds make it to the table, the "cellar temperature" has gotten a bit high. It's not a problem for the whites, of course, because those are chilled.

:cool:

a question for my cruiser friends here...Im not sure if I should order a wine pkg on my upcoming 5 night

Radiance cruise?..on average my bf and I will have 4 glasses of wine each night ...and we will also probably order a few cocktails and/or a beer each night as well..whats the best cost effect advise on a wine pkg?....thanks so much... this site is sooo helpful for all my planning to have the best cruise possible!!

:cool:If you will drink 4 glasses of wine a night, that is one bottle per night. Drink it, save it, or take it with you. You will probably save 15% by the package:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Archived